Job Code: BED18
We are seeking a mid/senior level Back End Developer to help us build out our product offering and develop new features. This position is best suited for a creative, experienced engineer who lives and breathes Ruby on Rails. The ideal candidate should be able to provide meaningful collaboration, work well with tight-knit engineering, product, marketing and design teams and be excited for the opportunity to contribute directly to the development and maintenance of Spoonflower’s technology and community.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Continuously improving the existing codebase.
- Monitoring quality, optimizing performance, and developing test coverage and methodologies for continuous code release.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Developing new functionality, available via APIs.
- Working on image processing (generation of previews for example).
- Migrating old functionality to a service-oriented architecture.
Who Are We Looking For?
If you have the following background, along with an interest in helping to continue building our business, we are looking for you!
- 3-5 years experience in a professional setting
- Demonstrated experience in Ruby on Rails
- Skills in SQL – MySQL or similar
- Experience with writing APIs and integrating with APIs
- Experience in image processing (Image Magick or similar) is a plus
Technologies we use: Amazon Web Services, Nginx, Chef, Puppet, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Node.js, Git, Jira
- Articulate, concise and professional written and verbal communications with working English proficiency in speaking and writing
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- An affinity for crafting or the DIY movement in general preferred
What Can We Offer You?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun, and trust are the core values of our workplace. We encourage a casual, family-friendly office space and love when our employees are just as creative and passionate as our customers. Our team is full of multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and embrace hard work. As part of Spoonflower, we offer team members outstanding benefits, including company-paid medical coverage for employees and their families, generous time off benefits, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and advance within the company. And did we mention the monthly fabric/wallpaper allowance?
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a resume and cover letter telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
No Recruiters/Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will be fed to our printers. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.