Job Code: BED18
We are seeking a mid/senior level Back End Developer to help us build out our product offering and develop new features. The ideal candidate should be able to provide meaningful collaboration, and work well with tight knit engineering, product, marketing and design teams. You’ll be contributing directly to the development and maintenance of Spoonflower’s technology and community.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Continuously improving and modernizing the existing codebase
- Monitoring quality, optimizing performance, and developing test coverage and methodologies for continuous code release
- Developing new functionality for our various services
Who Are We Looking For?
If you have the following background, along with an interest in helping to continue building our business, we are looking for you!
- 3+ years programming experience in a professional setting
- Skills in Ruby on Rails, Node.js, or similar programming tools
- Skills with SQL and data architecture
- Experience working with service oriented cloud architectures
- Experience with functional programming is a plus
- Experience with systems level language programming is a plus
- Experience in image processing is a plus
- Articulate, concise and professional written and verbal communications with working English proficiency in speaking and writing,
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently,
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands,
- An affinity for crafting, or the DIY movement in general, preferred.
What Can We Offer You?
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. We encourage a casual, family-friendly office space and love when our employees are just as creative and passionate as our customers. Our team is full of multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and embrace hard work. As part of Spoonflower, we offer team members outstanding benefits, including company paid medical coverage for employees and their families (US office), generous time off benefits, a 401k plan with company match, the support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and advance within the company. And… did we mention the monthly fabric/wallpaper allowance?
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a resume and cover letter telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
No Recruiters/Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will be fed to our printers. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.