Job Code: APC
Spoonflower is one of the hottest brands in the DIY space, and one of North Carolina’s fastest-growing companies. Our web site makes it possible for individuals to create and sell unique fabrics, wallpaper and gift wrap. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their work, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs created by indie artists. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern and personalization.
At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody — like our customers — a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members outstanding benefits, support of continuing education, and the chance to learn new skills and move within the company. Our offices are located in the RTP area of Durham and in Berlin, Germany and are full of a close-knits team of people who love what they do. Spoonflower is a unique amalgam of individuals with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise that come together to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower.
Our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern.
The Spoonflower Accounts Payable Clerk is a key part of the Accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, the A/P Clerk will be responsible for various AP transactions, matching purchase orders, data entry, along with some administrative tasks.
- Match Warehouse receiving records to vendor invoices
- Verify & update inventory prices
- Enter freight company invoices
- Accounts Payable
- Identify & resolve invoice errors or discrepancies
- Enter vendor invoices in accounting software
- Assist in weekly bill payments
- Assist in processing bi-weekly contractor payments
- Enter credit card activity
- Enter and process expense reports
- Sort and deliver mail
- General office duties
- Assist in month-end close and annual audit
- Ad-hoc research and analysis needed for Accounting functions
Skills and Experience
- At least one year of Spoonflower experience or at least one year in your current position
- College degree preferred
- Ability to handle fiscal information with sensitivity and integrity
- Excellent computer skills required; proficiency with Word and Excel preferred
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and ability to drive towards a high level of accuracy
- Ability to efficiently multi-task, take initiative and assume accountability for job tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, handle interruptions and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
Does this sound like you? If yes, we would love to talk to you. If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered! No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Candidates/resumes submitted to non-HR employees by agencies/recruiters will be disqualified and fed to our printers.
Please apply here!
We look forward to hearing from you!