Reporting to the CFO, we are looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee GAAP reporting, tax reporting and compliance, external audits, debt and equity compliance. The focus of this role will be ensuring the real time availability of key financial metrics.
- GAAP Reporting, Analysis and Forecasting: Maintain chart of accounts and reporting structure, balancing consistency with public company best practices. Complete monthly, quarterly and year end hard closing in a timely and accurate manner. Annual audit complete within 180 days (manage service providers). Generate monthly departmental budget vs. actual reports, and discuss with each budget owner. Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- General Ledger: Process transactions in US GAAP. Manage ability to report in compliance with US and German tax code. Manage multiple currency accounting. Manage subsidiary records, intercompany charges and reconciliation, as well as consolidation..
- Treasury: Manage cash flow and maintain cash forecast. Optimize cash conversion cycle. Manage company credit card accounts and user authority
- Taxes: Manage preparation of income, VAT, sales and franchise tax returns, including tax provision. Sales tax and VAT (data collection, exemptions, policies and application, filing and payment, invoice formats, checkout systems). 1099 data and compliance requirements for non-designer vendors. Manage 1099 and 1042 filing requirements for designers. VAT codes and record-keeping to support input VAT claim.
- Investors/Board Reporting, Analysis and Forecasting: Maintain rolling forecasts. Maintain data in investor portal, and respond to one-off requests.
Experience, Skills and Capabilities Required:
Technical Skills and Capabilities
- Accounting degree; CPA required
- Proficiency with Excel and Netsuite (experience with Netsuite is nice to have, but can be trained).
- Strong technical skills, including advanced Excel.
- Comfortable with web-based applications, export/import data transfer and web services integrations.
- Experience with electronic routing and approval workflow and paperless accounting environments.
Functional Skills and Capabilities:
- Public accounting experience (tax or audit) is required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in a manufacturing and inventory environment is a plus
- E-commerce experience
- GAAP accounting, including multi-national consolidations, cost accounting, inventory management and revenue recognition.
- Fluency in English required; German would be nice to have.
Other Equally Important Competencies
- Professional communications style and ability to interact respectfully with all levels of the company.
- Ability to communicate financial information across multiple departments.
- Ability to resolve conflict and competing priorities.
- Customer service mindset, taking pride in quality work that communicates important information and supports business decision making and understanding.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, with frequent change and developing systems, policies and procedures.
- History of using technology to reduce repetitive and manual tasks.
- Attention to quality and detail; preference to do it right the first time/touch it only once.
- Analytical mind, always looking for solutions, improvement, insight and understanding.
- Creative problem solver.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities and expectations, while consistently meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Desire to grow and develop professionally; life-long learner. We will be seeking a candidate who has the potential to grow into a Controller role.
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered! No agencies or outside recruiters, please. Candidates and/or resumes presented to non-HR employees from recruiters and/or agencies will be disqualified.
Please apply here.
We look forward to hearing from you!