ACCOUNTANT (M / F) -full-time
Spoonflower is the world’s largest Internet platform for independent fabric designer with over one million active members. At Spoonflower we make it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap. Our growth has been made possible by the enthusiasm of a worldwide community of people who are passionate about fabric, design and making things.
Spoonflower´s headquarter is based in Durham, North Carolina (USA). Recently we have opened our second location in Berlin-Neukölln, where an international team of 17 employees work. Spoonflower´s idea of community, the encouragement of creativity and sharing skills and ideas is supported within our team by regular team meals, an open-plan workspace. We often hold DIY or tech events to connect regularly with our team and our local community.
To support our team we are looking for a full-time accountant.
- Ongoing Bookkeeping, day-to-day analysis and postings
- Monitor accounts payable, secure tracking- and approval process and initiate payment process
- Preparation of VAT declarations
- Support of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Accounts clearance / intercompany reconciliation
- Support of administration and office management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the German commercial code (HGB)
- Independent, proactive and structured work approach
- Fluent in German and working competency in English
- Affinity for e-commerce
Education and Experience:
- College or university degree in relevant field (e.g. Accounting, Controlling, Business)
- Accounting professional qualification is preferred (CA/ACCA, Bilanzbuchhalter or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in accounting preferred
We offer a fun, creative environment and are looking for an individual with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise to join the Spoonflower team to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower and the Berlin office.
If you are enthusiastic about Spoonflower´s concept, you always wanted to work in the startup scene and are excited to work in a creative environment, please send your CV with a cover letter written in English and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!