We are seeking a 3D Visualization Artist to lead Spoonflower’s visualization efforts. The candidate in this role will work with Spoonflower’s core business as well as its sister companies Roostery and Sprout Patterns. This is a full-time position located in our Durham, NC office.
- Help lead our foray into 3D visualization in a domain that contains unique challenges.
- Work with many different types of roles, including programmers, designers, and marketing professionals,
- Help lead the development of a strong creative vision for on-demand product visualization at Spoonflower
- Work with Blender and the Cycles rendering engine to create product and marketing visualizations that are both technically accurate and appealing.
- Work on various stages of the 3D visualization process, from modeling to post processing
- Provide technical and creative guidance for visualization related projects
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to develop and deliver visualization technology to projects throughout Spoonflower
- Demonstrated mastery of at least one 3D modeling program and renderer, and the willingness and ability to transition to Blender/Cycles.
- Ability to produce highly realistic 3D renders.
- Good understanding of visualization fundamentals, including color, light, and scene composition.
- Strong 3D Modeling skills a plus
- Prior experience with Blender/Cycles a plus
If you’re interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a resume and a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please submit examples of your work with your resume and cover letter.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies will be fed to our printers.
We look forward to hearing from you!