2022 Holiday Promotional Calendar
Want the best prices on Spoonflower products this holiday season? For small business owners, this calendar allows you to know ahead of time when to stock your shop or offer promotions to your customers. For Spoonflower artists, you’ll also be able to think ahead as to when you should promote your Spoonflower shop this November with extra help from our promotional tools. For everyone else in the Spoonflower community, keep reading to find out when you can save money this year on wallpaper, home decor and fabric!
November Promotion Start Dates
Nov. 3: 50% off fat quarters, tea towels & wall hangings
Nov. 11: 30% off sitewide
Nov. 12: 20% off wallpaper
Nov. 15: 50% off fat quarters
Nov. 18: 25% off home decor
Nov. 25: 25% off sitewide
Nov. 30: Free shipping
DISCLAIMER: This information reflects our current November promotion plan. However, as we all know, shipping dates can change, so we reserve the right to make adjustments at any time. Previous purchases are not eligible for promotions outside of the promotion period and cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. All promotions are based on Eastern Time. For current promotion fine print and promotion length, please click this link to read our Official Promotion Rules.
How to Use Promotional Overlays for Social Media
Attention, artists! Here’s how you can promote your shop during Spoonflower’s upcoming sales using our free promotional overlays.
2. Insert your own image under the promotional copy layer of one (or more) of the provided graphics. (Hint: If you’re not sure how to do this, please scroll down to the bottom of this post for instructions on how to do this using Canva, with which you can do this for free.)
3. Share your new image on the first day of the related promo on Facebook and/or Instagram to encourage your customers to shop your designs while the promotion lasts! Not sure what image to post with your overlays? Check out our tried-and-true social media tips here.
4. In the post caption(s), remember to include the full length of the promotion period, which you can find above.
5. To access renders of your design on a range of Spoonflower products, select a design from your Design Library, then click View All Products from the left-side menu. From there, right-click any render to save it to your desktop. (Vocab hint: A render is an image that shows what your unique design would look like on our products.)
Overlay Instructions Using Canva
2. In Canva, select the option to create a blank post, which will bring up a blank post template.
3. Then, drag and drop the overlay into the social media post template, which will only take up part of the space. Although the overlay may look like an entire image, you’ll be adding your image layer on top of the overlay text layer. The end result being sort of like a collage, where one image is made out of two different images.
4. Individually drag each of the turquoise lines, which indicate the edges of the overlay image, to fit each of the post’s edges.
5. Then drag and drop the image of your design/product to fill the rest of the template space, again dragging each of the four turquoise lines to line up with the post’s edges.
6. That’s it, you did it! Now post your image to social media like the boss that you are!
Need Some Examples of Images Using Our Overlays?
Below are two images of Spoonflower artists using similar versions of our overlays on Instagram: