After the year we’ve all experienced together, you may be dreaming of 2021 and brainstorming how you can start the new year off by doing something for yourself. Your new year’s resolutions might include making more time for your creative endeavors or focusing more on the things that make you happy. This January we’re helping you do just that with a friendly design challenge in partnership with Rhianna Wurman, the original creator of #doodleaday on Instagram and designer behind ellolovey.
Throughout the month, join us in our Doodle-a-Day Challenge on Instagram around the theme “Happy Place.” Use our list of prompts to inspire your drawings with whatever medium you prefer— pen and paper, iPad and Procreate, it’s up to you! You can aspire to make this part of your daily routine or jump in when it makes sense for your schedule. Whatever works best to make doodling a part (or a larger part) of your happy place!
Join the Doodle-a-Day Challenge
January Doodle-a-Day Prompts
1 – Baking
2 – Best Friends
3 – Bicycle
4 – Flower Bouquet
5 – Candy Palace
6 – Catnap Corner
7 – Cloud Animals
8 – Confetti
9 – Dance Party
10 – Dream
11 – Favorite Food
12 – Handmade
13 – Good News
14 – House Plant
15 – Joy
16 – Art Studio
17 – Library
18 – Morning Ritual
19 – Wilderness
20 – Pajamas
21 – Pets
22 – Snail Mail
23 – Seascape
24 – Sprinkles
25 – Sunshine
26 – Rainbow
27 – Unicorn
28 – Childhood Memory
29 – My Passion
30 – Home
31 – Mindfulness
We’ve translated the prompts into Spanish, French, and German to invite even more of the Spoonflower community to join the fun! Click on your preferred language to download your prompt list.
- Use the list above as your daily drawing inspiration.
- Be sure to share your doodles on Instagram and use #DoodleADayJanELSF. Remember to tag @spoonflower and @ellolovey so we can all see and encourage each other’s work—and also so you can be eligible to win our grand prize!
- Feel free to jump in whenever you like and do as many prompts as you like or even just a few!
- This is a fun exercise to work the right side of the brain. There really are no rules except to have fun and get creative.
Doodle-a-Day Grand Prize
A grand prize winner will be selected at random at the end of the challenge. Make sure your posts are hashtagged with #DoodleADayJanELSF to be eligible to win.
Spoonflower x Ello Lovey Prize Pack
- Spoonflower Welcome Pack for Artists
- $250 Spoonflower Gift Certificate
- 30-minute virtual portfolio review with the founder of #DoodleADay, Rhianna Wurman, and Spoonflower
- Ello Lovey Bundle
- 8×10″ 2021 Daisies Year At a Glance Calendar
- Forest Mushroom Vinyl Sticker
- Rainbow Home in the Mountains Vinyl Sticker
- 8×10″ Nurture Yourself Art Print
- Snail Mail Six Assorted Card Pack (Rainbow Clouds, Adventure is Good For the Soul, Don’t Hide Your Magic, Inhale Exhale Repeat, Stationery Hello, Have a Lovely Day)
Need a little design help before you get started? Don’t miss all the resources available on the blog!
Happy doodling, friends!