Raise your hand if you find yourself swooning every time you walk into a hotel room. From the crisp hospital corners to a picture-perfect duvet cover, talk about #bedroomgoals. Today we’re here to show you just how easy it is to bring five star luxury into your bedroom featuring Spoonflower bedding and our insider bed-making secrets. Whether it’s learning the art of putting on a duvet cover, folding a fitted sheet like a pro or mastering hospital corners, these four tutorials are sure to impress your house guests.
How to Put on a Duvet Cover
- Flip the duvet cover inside out and lay the comforter on top.
- Secure the duvet cover ties around the comforter corners to keep the cover in place.
- Roll the duvet cover and comforter together. Pro tip: Start by rolling one side and then move to the other
- Flip the duvet cover over the comforter
- Fluff, style and then catch some zzz’s under your new duvet cover!
How to Fold a Fitted Sheet Like a Pro
- Starting with your sheet inside out (the print side should be facing you), put one hand in each top corner.
- Place right hand corner over the left hand corner and flip right side out.
- Switch hands and move your right hand to the opposite corner.
- Put one hand over the other and flip inside out again.
- Now that you have a square, it’s time to fold the sheet!
- Lay your sheet on the floor and fold into thirds, long ways.
- Fold your sheet into thirds again and admire your top-notch fitted sheet folding!
How to Fold the Perfect Hospital Corners
- Drape the flat sheet over your bed, making sure to keep an even amount of fabric draped on each side of the bed. Pro tip: Our friends at A Lotta Love recommend putting your flat sheet on printed side down.
- Tuck the bottom edge of the flat sheet under the bed.
- Grab one of the untucked bottom corners of the flat sheet, pull it taut up towards the top of the bed and tuck it under the bed.
- Fold the excess fabric to the side, pull tightly and make a 45º angle. Tuck the fabric under the bed.
- Repeat on the other side of the bed.
- Fold down the flat sheet and admire your fabulous folding!
Now that you’ve mastered how to make your bed, it’s time to add a little personality to your bedding. Shop the winning Neutral Retreat Design Challenge entries on Spoonflower bedding and get ready to create the ultimate oasis.
We want to see how you’re personalizing your home with Spoonflower! Be sure to tag your pictures with #spoonflowerhome on social media for a chance to be featured.