Raise your hand if you find yourself swooning every time you walk into a hotel room. From the crisp hospital corners to a picture-perfect duvet cover, talk about #bedroomgoals. Today we’re here to show you just how easy it is to bring five star luxury into your bedroom featuring Spoonflower bedding and our insider bed-making secrets. Whether it’s learning the art of putting on a duvet cover, folding a fitted sheet like a pro or mastering hospital corners, these four tutorials are sure to impress your house guests.
How to Put on a Duvet Cover
- Flip the duvet cover inside out and lay the comforter on top.
- Secure the duvet cover ties around the comforter corners to keep the cover in place.
- Roll the duvet cover and comforter together. Pro tip: Start by rolling one side and then move to the other
- Flip the duvet cover over the comforter
- Fluff, style and then catch some zzz’s under your new duvet cover!
How to Fold a Fitted Sheet Like a Pro
- Starting with your sheet inside out (the print side should be facing you), put one hand in each top corner.
- Place right hand corner over the left hand corner and flip right side out.
- Switch hands and move your right hand to the opposite corner.
- Put one hand over the other and flip inside out again.
- Now that you have a square, it’s time to fold the sheet!
- Lay your sheet on the floor and fold into thirds, long ways.
- Fold your sheet into thirds again and admire your top-notch fitted sheet folding!
How to Fold the Perfect Hospital Corners
- Drape the flat sheet over your bed, making sure to keep an even amount of fabric draped on each side of the bed. Pro tip: Our friends at A Lotta Love recommend putting your flat sheet on printed side down.
- Tuck the bottom edge of the flat sheet under the bed.
- Grab one of the untucked bottom corners of the flat sheet, pull it taut up towards the top of the bed and tuck it under the bed.
- Fold the excess fabric to the side, pull tightly and make a 45º angle. Tuck the fabric under the bed.
- Repeat on the other side of the bed.
- Fold down the flat sheet and admire your fabulous folding!
Now that you’ve mastered how to make your bed, it’s time to add a little personality to your bedding. Shop the winning Neutral Retreat Design Challenge entries on Spoonflower bedding and get ready to create the ultimate oasis.