This Halloween, treat yourself to an easy DIY that can be completed in under 30 minutes, which means more time for working on handmade costumes for the little ones. With a little help from the Fill-a-Yard™ 9″ Square Cheater Quilt in Fleece, this DIY bunting requires very basic sewing but is still full of festive, Halloween flare. Download your free template and get started today!
- Fill-a-Yard Cheater Quilt 9 “Squares in Fleece – See our featured Halloween designs!
- 1 yard Double Fold Bias Tape
- Bunting template
- Rotary blade or fabric scissors
- Sewing Machine
1. Cut out your bunting using the template provided. If you prefer, create your own template. The widest part of our triangle is 8.25″ and 8.5″ tall.
2. Open up the bias tape so the raw edges are still folded in towards the center. Place the bunting triangles directly on top of the bottom layer of bias tape, 1.5″ apart.
3. Fold the bias tape back over the tops of the triangles and pin in place.
4. Stitch the entire length of the bias tape along the open side to secure the triangles.
5. You’re done! Hang your bunting to create a festive Halloween look for your costume party.
Styling tip! Hang the bunting on your front door to welcome trick-or-treaters on Halloween.
Don’t stop at just Halloween! This tutorial can easily be used for any holiday or celebration. Simply type the upcoming holiday in the search bar to start creating your curated holiday collection.