Not sure what to make for your loved ones this year? Well fear not, because we’ve got you covered with a gift idea for everyone on your list. Show your favorite people how much you care with these sweet and simple handmade holiday gifts that are sure to put you on everyone’s “nice” list this year!
Save this image to Pinterest for easy access when you need it!
For aunts, uncles and cousins: Recipe Tea Towels are where it’s at.
Don’t sew? Have any design (including your own uploaded recipes) printed on a finished Linen Cotton tea towel from Roostery.
2. For your bestie: Funny cross stitch kit:
Gift just the kit or stitch it up first!
3. For your brother (who frankly could use more art on his walls): DIY canvas wall art
Family photos, original artwork, what will you print on Linen Cotton for this easy wall art gift?
4. For your child’s teacher: cozy hand warmers
Use Fleece for an extra cozy factor.
5. For your sister: The 30 minute Infinity Scarf
This is such a perfect gift because not only is it super quick to sew up, but an infinity scarf is one size fits all! Just choose a thoughtful fabric that fits your loved one’s interests, and you’re off and running.
6. For the grandparents: Christmas Letter Pillow
Tutorial from Emma Jeffery
7. For your guy: Circuit board necktie
8. For your kiddos: Custom art pillow
Watch their faces light up when you present the dolls you made using their drawings. Click the photo for the tutorial!
9. For that friend you get coffee and gossip with: Sprout Patterns Zipper Pouch
Slip a gift card to your favorite coffee shop inside the pouch for extra friend points! Designs shown here are “Lion // Head Grey and Gold” and “Clouds // Black and White” by Andrea Lauren. Check out the video tutorial, too!
10. For your artsy friend: Best selling Spoonflower designer Andrea Lauren’s book, “Block Print.”
You might just have to pick up a copy for yourself, too!
11. That friend who always hosts the best dinner parties: Frizzle Cocktail Napkins
Okay so this one isn’t handmade by you, but you can customize it with designs chosen thoughtfully for the recipient. Designs seen here are: “Aztec Armor” by Spellstone (left) and “Purple Trible Ikat” by bohemiangypsyjane.
12. For your crafternoon friends: Handmade pattern weights
Free PDF included in this easy, step by step tutorial.
13. For your book club friends: oil cloth coasters
Read the full tutorial on marthastewart.com
14. For that friend who’s obsessed with the “Great British Bakeoff”: DIY oven mitt
Insulated batting is the key to this thoughtful, customized oven mitt gift.
15. For dad (or your favorite lumberjack): Firewood Tote
This tutorial is only 3 steps!
16. For grandma: sewing machine cover
Turn a photo of a vintage sewing machine into a custom cover. Tap the photo for the tutorial.
17. For mom: DIY silk scarf from old newspaper clippings
This scarf brings family heirlooms and sentimental memories into mom’s daily life. Learn to take a family heirloom and turn it into a fabric design! Tutorial by Emma Jeffery.
18. For someone who you love an awful lot: The Spoonflower Handbook
We might be a little biased, but we still think our book is the best way for beginners to get their feet wet with designing textiles.
What’s your handmade gift go-to for the holidays? We’re always in search of new ideas, so please do share with us in the comments below!