Welcome to the third installment in our profile series of the top 8 designers in our Fabric8 Design Challenge, Dutch artist Miriam Bos! She shares how she combines design styles to create interesting textiles and how she connects with her creative community. Stay tuned for the rest of our designer profiles and get ready to vote for your favorite collection starting July 17th!
During the week my day starts early around 6:30. I get up with my husband and we have breakfast together. When he leaves for work, I take my bike to the gym for a workout. When I am done I go home, take a shower and then my day as a designer really starts. I have an amazing studio that’s always sunny in the morning. After making a thermos with tea I check my to-do list and emails and Facebook. I might doodle a bit in my sketchbook when I have new ideas or I immediately continue on a project I was already working on and has a deadline.
- Favorite color: Yellow
- Spirit animal: Eh, I actually did a quiz to find out, and the quiz said I am an owl!
- Favorite food: Sushi
- Place you’d most like to visit: Edinburgh or Paris with my mum
- Hometown: Apeldoorn, the Netherlands
- Favorite movie: Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (or in the USA I believe the movie is called ‘Amélie')
- Dog or cat: Cat!
- Favorite season: Autumn. I love the colours and the smell of the forest. But Spring is also a big favourite when all colours look so fresh and crocus and daffodils pop up again.