Today we received our first lot of a new & improved organic interlock knit. The new lot is basically the same fabric, but it’s a pure white rather than the speckled, off-white color of previous lots. One of the benefits of the whiter finish is that color shows up better (brighter) than it did on the natural off-white of the old organic knit. The new lot has been finished slightly differently and was produced in a different mill. It’s roughly the same weight — but even softer than the old knit. In our initial testing, it also has a slightly higher shrinkage rate than the previous version of organic interlock knit. The technical specs are as follows:
- 56″ wide printable area (142 cm).
- 5.8 oz per square yard.
- Interlock knit stretches along the crosswise grain about 25%.
- Estimated shrinkage: 7% in length and 6% in width.
- Organic Cotton
- Produced in the USA.
- Appropriate for many kinds of children and adult apparel items, including t-shirts, dresses, baby clothes, and more.
- Machine wash warm or cool on a gentle/delicate setting, using phosphate-free detergent.
If you’re a previous knit customer, we’ll also be sending you an email shortly outlining the change! As always, please let us know if you have any questions.