Spoonflower & OliveBox— a subscription for hand-picked paper & lifestyle products delivered monthly to your door– have partnered to bring you a special cut & sew goodie bag in June's box! Check out the simple tutorial below and head to Domesticate's Spoonflower shop to pick up one of your own!
If you're feeling extra crafty, now's the time to attach a badge for a little extra embellishment! I recommend adding your badge to the pattern piece before sewing the sides together to make attaching it a bit easier. Continue to step 2 if you'd prefer to skip adding a badge.
Fold edges over 1/4" and iron.
Pin in place.
Stitch on to bag — either by hand or machine.
2. Fold rectangle in half lenghtwise, right sides together.
3. Measure down two inches on one side from unfinished edge, place two pins at the two inch mark.
4. Pin along side seams.
5. Starting at the two inch mark, sew down one side to the bottom using a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
6. Backstitch at top and bottom.
7. Sew the opposite side from top to bottom.
8. Trim bottom corners at an angle.
9. Press the seam allowances open.
10. Turn under the unfinished top 1/4 inch and iron.
11. Turn down again, about 3/4 inch, iron and pin in place.
12. Sew around the top of the bag. Start 1/8 inch away from the turned over top edge. Backstitch at the beginning and end.
13. Using a safety pin, pin the edge of your ribbon. Thread the safety pin and ribbon through the notched side of the bag.
14. Pull ribbon through until even on both ends and knot!
Ta-da! A cute little drawstring bag, perfect for every celebration!