– – – The winner of the Boba baby carrier design contest is Dennis Bennett of Frankfurt, Germany – – –
Spoonflower is teaming up with the folks from NAP, Inc., to offer you a chance to create the new fabric design for the Boba Baby Carrier, a soft-structured baby carrier made from organic cotton.
NAP, Inc. is preparing for the release of the new Boba 2G–featuring removable foot straps and sleeping hood. To help celebrate, they are seeking nature-inspired fabric designs to be included with the new Boba 2G collection.
The winning design will be featured in the center panel of the carrier and must coordinate with the light or dark brown fabric used on the outside of the carrier.
The winner will receive $500 and the chance to work one-on-one with NAP, Inc. to name the carrier that bears the winning design.
- The theme of submitted designs should be nature-inspired and appeal to children and parents alike
- Before entering a design into the contest, you must upload it to Spoonflower. If you do not already have a Spoonflower account, creating an account is free. Click HERE to get started.
- Enter your design between Thursday, February 18 and Thursday, February 25, midnight EST, using the process described below.
- Voting will take place March 1-7 via the Spoonflower blog and newsletter.
- The winner will be announced on March 9, 2010 and will receive a $500 check from NAP, Inc.
- Log in to Spoonflower. If you don’t have an account, create one.
- Go to your design library. If you don’t yet have any designs, upload the design you wish to enter.
- Pull down the Action menu underneath the design you wish to enter in the contest, and select Boba contest under Enter in Contest.
- Choose the layout option for your design, then click the button
that reads “Enter in Contest”. If you wish to change the size/dpi of
your design, you can do so using the edit option on this page.
- If you decide to enter a different design or make changes, you can
withdraw a design by following the same steps, then entering a new
- You can only have one design active in the contest at a time. Once
the entry period closes, we will ‘freeze’ the submitted designs.
- This contest is open to everyone. Entry is limited to one design per person.
- The design theme is nature. Based on questions we receive, we may post modifications or clarifications to the requirements on the blog, so please check back periodically.
- The winner will be the design that receives the greatest number of votes by the time contest voting closes on March 7, 2010, at midnight EST. Voting will be restricted to one vote per person. Duplicate votes, as determined by IP address, will not be counted.
- A submitted design must be your own. You cannot nominate other people’s designs or use designs based upon other people’s work. Please make sure that your design complies with the Spoonflower Terms of Service.
- A submitted design must already exist in your Spoonflower account. To have a Spoonflower account, you must first register the site and have uploaded a design. Doing so is free.
Prize. NAP, Inc. will award the creator of the winning design with $500 and will work one-on-one with the designer to name the baby carrier model that will feature the winning design.
Ownership of winning design. Unlike Spoonflower’s usual weekly contests, participants in this contest must agree to grant NAP, Inc. full ownership rights to their design should they win the contest. Neither Spoonflower nor NAP, Inc. assert any rights over submitted designs not designated winners. You may delete a design you upload to Spoonflower at any time.
Creating your design and uploading it to Spoonflower
- You can upload designs in JPG, PNG, TIF, or GIF format. Artwork should be sized at 150 dpi and, once uploaded,
you can use the contest entry page to edit the repeat style of your
- The fabric panel on the Boba carrier is roughly 15 inches by 10 inches, but is not rectangular.
- The point is not necessarily to design a panel that fits exactly
into the available space, but to design a beautiful fabric that will
make the carrier more striking when sewn into the back panel.
- Other fabric colors in the pack that your design should coordinate
with: black and brown (Pantone 4695 U). The green Boba logo is Pantone
- Submitted designs must be public. To edit which of your designs are
public, visit the Design Gallery page in your Spoonflower account,
click on Design Details and check the box on the lower right that
reads, “I would like to include this design in my public gallery.”
- In the keywords field please enter the word “Boba.”
- The size of the panel and the carrier colors are shown in the photo to
the right. Note that the hex values of the colors vary quite a bit
depending on your computer monitor — if you are seriously trying to match the
colors of the carrier, use the Pantone values.
- The area of fabric that will be used in the carrier is the area shown as green fabric in the photo.
- If your design wins the contest, you’ll have a chance to work with
NAP, Inc. to tweak and refine the design as needed before the fabric
panels are printed and the carrier goes into production.
- While we do not require that a design submitted to the contest have
been purchased first, please consider that it’s a
good idea to at least see for yourself what your design looks like on
fabric before entering it in a public contest. Swatches are $5.
- If you have any questions, please drop us a line here.
More about the Boba Carrier
- Accommodates children 15-45 lbs (7-20 kg)
- One size fits most adults
- Front and back carry
- Made with GOTS and OE100 certified 100% organic cotton
- Made in Boulder, CO USA
- Machine washable
- Instructions included
- High density waist and shoulder strap foam
- Features patent-pending removable foot straps for extra leg/hip support
- High back panel for better overall support
- Removable sleeping hood (with Boba 2G)