Fabric lover? Internet geek?
Are you passionate about the DIY ethos?
Driven to help improve people’s power to express themselves?
Then we are looking for candidates like you! Spoonflower is seeking well-organized, exceptional people to join a hardworking Internet start-up dedicated to the idea of using technology to help people share their creativity.
As of May 17, 2017 we are looking for:
Durham, North Carolina:
*Please, no agencies. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies will be fed to our printers.
About Working @Spoonflower
At Spoonflower, we offer print on-demand fabric, wallpaper, and gift wrap. Our offices are located in the RTP area of Durham and in Berlin, Germany and we offer a fun, creative environment and a close-knit team of people who love what they do. Spoonflower is a unique amalgam of individuals with exceptional skills in their areas of expertise that come together to foster and drive the success of Spoonflower. Members of this team need to have:
- Excellent communication skills in writing and in person.
- Good problem-solving and the ability to improvise and adapt to a changing workflow.
- A commitment to hard work, dedication, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- The desire to be part of a rapidly growing company.
- Understanding that we operate in a fast-paced environment that is open for business 24/7.
Spoonflower Mission Statement
To inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern.
Spoonflower Core Values
Creativity and Customer Focus
We set out to create an environment and a set of tools that empower individual creativity. Like us, our customers are designers and makers and we treat them as we would wish to be treated ourselves.
At Spoonflower, we are intrepid, hard-working, and dedicated to what we do. We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and grow through innovation and problem-solving. We take pride and accountability in our work, set high standards of excellence and productivity, and are willing to learn and take on new challenges.
We communicate with one another and with our customers with honesty and humility. We strive for transparency, which means seeking to be candid and direct and to align what we do with what we say and promise to one another.
We enjoy an informal, passionate and collaborative environment that inspires our employees and customers to create beautiful things. We encourage and embrace individuality. We believe in celebrating wins with joy, goodies and good times!
Guided by the needs of our community, we strive to deserve its trust. We respect and value the products that our customers entrust us to make. We pursue quality not only in what we make and sell, but in the materials, processes and technologies we use, always striving to make them better and more sustainable. We challenge ourselves to continually improve how we impact the world with our company.
Life @ Spoonflower
- Work in a casual, family-friendly office space full of creative, passionate people
- Full-time employees are eligible for health benefits such as company-paid medical, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
- Full-time employees are eligible receive three weeks (15 days) of annual paid time off and 10 floating paid holidays
- 401k plan participation is available to full- and part-time employees with generous company match
- Monthly allowance to purchase fabric, wallpaper or gift wrap
- Casual dress code
- Spoonfun Events such as spirit days, monthly staff lunch, special events and much more
- Snacks, soda, coffee, tea, and weekly company-wide meals
- A tightly knit team that values spontaneity, creativity, and collaboration
The application process for Spoonflower is unique, so please take the time to read the instructions below:
- Cover letters are important! Please do not send just a resume. We are interested in knowing who you are in addition to what you can do!
- Please prepare a cover letter that describes your particular qualifications, suitability for, and interest in Spoonflower. Also please specify for which position you are applying.
- Along with your cover letter and resume, you may include links to any online material that you would like to share (ex. blog, portfolio of work, Etsy shop, etc.).
Please note: We are not able to pay relocation costs for individuals who are not local to this area.