National Parks help us escape the chaos of urban life and get lost in a natural wonderland. Whether in the gift shop picking out snow globes or traversing a footbridge over a babbling creek, we love to revel in the beauty of Mother Nature! This week, designers rose to the challenge of capturing the diverse beauty of National Parks. Congratulations to first-time Design Challenge winner Meghann Rader and be sure to check out all the top 10!
1. 527 votes for Boreal by meghannrader
2. 508 votes for National Parks Snowdomes BIG by pinkowlet
3. 486 votes for Soda Nation - 59 Bottlecaps of the U.S. National Parks by pennycandy
4. 476 votes for Arizona Desert State Park by mariafaithgarcia
5. 472 votes for Call of the Wild by nouveau_bohemian
6. 467 votes for Camping in the Woods by papercanoedesign
7. 460 votes for Summer in Sarek by christinewitte
8. 425 votes for The Woodlands by oliveandruby
9. 424 votes for Night Walk in an Australian National Park by cjldesigns
10. 407 votes for Parken by la_fabriken
Hip, hip, hooray! Over one hundred designers stepped up to bat for our Design Challenge inspired by America's favorite summer pastime! Root for the top ten winners, and give a hoot-n-holler for Susan Polston (susan_polston) whose "Base hit" design came out on top! Check out all the triumphant fabrics on our Facebook page!
1. 470 votes for Base Hit by susan_polston
2. 383 votes for Stitch by nick_neuman
3. 335 votes for Baseballs - Linen by owlandchickadee
4. 315 votes for Baseball Hat Collection by katerhees
5. 280 votes for Baseball Lovers Unite! by pinky_wittingslow
6. 241 votes for 7th inning by jennifer_todd
7. 239 votes for three strikes by ottomanbrim
8. 230 votes for Field of Dreams by cecilia_mok
9. 227 votes for baseball by orangefancy
10. 219 votes for Ballgame by skbird
Baseball is one of America's favorite summer traditions. Could it be the hotdogs and popcorn, or the excitement of cheering on the home team with a tied ballgame and bases loaded in the seventh inning? Reminisce for a moment and cast your vote in our Take Me Out to the Ballgame Design Challenge!
You can tell a great deal about a person from the contents of their bag. Day in and day out, we carry with us necessities, provisions, and mementos and, in case that special occasion arises, a handful of bobby pins. Congratulations to Kate Rhees (katerhees) for her winning design, and to the entire top ten list of winners in this week's What's In Your Bag Design Challenge! View all the printed fabrics on our Facebook page today!
1. 346 votes for SUNGLASSES AND LIP GLOSS by katerhees
2. 323 votes for I've Got One In Here Somewhere by theonekierce
3. 306 votes for The Essentials by oliveandruby
4. 290 votes for Everything but the kitchen sink by vo_aka_virginiao
5. 286 votes for keys by ottomanbrim
6. 277 votes for Bag O' Stuff on Yellow by creativetaylor
7. 273 votes for Heels and Handbags by annadeegan
8. 227 votes for Bobby Pins Scatter by mariafaithgarcia
9. 223 votes for First Day of School by christinewitte
10. 214 votes for Goody Bag by meghannrader
This week's contest is a tribute to all those beloved essentials we just cannot leave home without. Could the bag really be the window into one's soul? Find out by casting your vote in our "What's In Your Bag?" Design Challenge by Wednesday of next week! Now I know my keys are in here somewhere...
¿Cómo Te Llama? We fell in love with all the lovely llamas our talented community herded into the Top 10 this week. Check out all the top ten llama designs and be sure to congratulate our winner, Maria Faith Garcia on her winning design, Llama Fun!
1. 495 votes for Llama Fun by mariafaithgarcia
2. 467 votes for Llama Brightfolk by onelittleprintshop
3. 448 votes for Llamas on Grey by creativetaylor
4. 447 votes for Llama Lovers by meliszawang
5. 430 votes for Camouflage Llama Family by christinewitte
6. 423 votes for Andes Mountain animals by dear_chickie
7. 415 votes for Llamas by petite_circus
8. 407 votes for Llama Love by cjldesigns
9. 367 votes for Llamas Evening Stroll_12inchRpt by robinpickens
10. 325 votes for Lovely Llamas - Large Scale by heatherdutton
When life gives you lemons, create a fabric design of course! When summer rolls around, there's nothing quite as refreshing as the combination of lemon, sugar and water - but these amazing designs do come pretty close! Congratulations to nouveau_bohemian on her third contest win with her thirst quenching design, The Lemon Orchard! Check out all the top printed in our Facebook album and in this week's fat quarter bundle.
1. 524 votes for The lemon orchard by nouveau_bohemian
2. 510 votes for Amalfi Lemon Linen by spellstone
3. 432 votes for Sun Juice by mariaspeyer
4. 424 votes for when_life_throws_lemons by mimipinto
5. 407 votes for Strawberry Lemonade by chickadeedeedee
6. 404 votes for Evening Glass of Pink Lemonade by robyriker
7. 401 votes for Miami Beach Lemonade Stand by christinewitte
8. 376 votes for MAGICAL SUGAR SPRINKLES by katerhees
9. 370 votes for Pink Lemonade Party by lisakubenez
10. 365 votes for Summer Fresh by yuliussdesign_com
So much excitement has been in the air at Spoonflower HQ this past week! Folks have flocked from their desks, the print room, and the operations floor for a chance to be sitting pretty on a big, comfy chair upholstered with their winning design! The voters have spoken – check out the top ten Staff Challenge designs and give a big high five to Eloisa Docton (Better known as natitys) for her winning design, Whimsy Floral Dots! It's amazing what you can do with a pen, paper and just 30 minutes!
1. 676 votes for Whimsy floral dots by eloisadocton
2. 535 votes for stork scissors by ashley_mason
3. 518 votes for Silly Raccoons by joshmckelvey
4. 510 votes for Scan_4 by kelly_m_
5. 427 votes for clouds-cute-faces by j_schnaak
6. 420 votes for Hannah_Koontz-ch by hkoontz
7. 417 votes for Love Arrows by brainsarepretty
8. 382 votes for Yummy_Treats by atate
9. 363 votes for Marker Swirls by kellyw
10. 331 votes for Scan_10-ch by jennifer_spanos
The stakes are high, time was short, and the competition is fierce. The time has come for voting in Spoonflower's annual Staff Challenge! Once a year, the tables are turned and Spoonies show their design prowess to the world in a special staff-only edition of our Weekly Design Challenge. Needless to say Around the Spoonflower HQ, we've been doing our finger push-ups and running seamless repeat drills in preparation for this year's challenge, perhaps our toughest yet––to create, upload, and enter a design into a contest in just 30 minutes!
The winner of this year's challenge not only gets the glory of being voted to the top by our amazing Spoonflower community, but they'll also be sitting pretty in a custom chair from Select Furniture featuring their winning fabric design!
Using just pen and paper and the good ol' crop tool and Spoonflower's Color Changer, these designs are sure to delight and inspire!
What can you create with a pen, paper and 30 minutes?
Careful - that flower has quills! This week we stayed up late with our quirky nocturnal hedgehog friends, and were so impressed with the creativity of all 340 entries! Congratulations to the winner of this week's Design Challenge hailing from Italy,Gaia Marfurt, with her adorable Hedgehog Flowers! Show some love to all the top ten winners and check out printed fabric photos of the top 10 Hedgehog designs on our Facebook page!
1. 542 votes for hedgehogs flowers by gaiamarfurt
2. 491 votes for Hedgehog and Mice Gathering_12inch by robinpickens
3. 463 votes for Hedgehog Playground by melarmstrongdesign
4. 418 votes for Hedgehog Party by papercanoedesign
5. 415 votes for We (mostly) come out at night by mirjamauno
6. 413 votes for Henry and Hetty by bora
7. 408 votes for Hedgehogs disguised as cactuses by petitspixels
8. 406 votes for hedgehog haven by gracedesign
9. 404 votes for Hedgehogs and Cherries by susan_polston
10. 401 votes for Hogs under hedges + foxes on copses by nouveau_bohemian
Seeing as hedgehogs are primarily nocturnal mammals, they make great pets for night-owl designers. If you're wired like a hedgehog and do your most creative work in the nighttime, be sure to vote on your favorite hedgehog designs by next Wednesday, and be sure to check for the winner in our newsletter next Thursday!
The calming surf, the refreshing drinks, even the soft sand in-between your toes – so much is right with the beach! This week we challenged you to build sandcastles and many of you took inspiration from coastal birds, your collection of seashells, or even the nearest children's sandbox (for those of us who are landlocked). Congratulations to the winner of this week's design challenge, Kate Rhees, with her beautiful Seagull Tracks design! Please give a big shout out to all the top ten winners and check out all their Sandcastles designs on our Facebook page!
1. 424 votes for Seagull Tracks by katerhees
2. 419 votes for Greta Songe Sandcastles by gsonge
3. 346 votes for crabs in the sandcastles by penguinhouse
4. 340 votes for magical sandcastle by ottomanbrim
5. 322 votes for The Great British Seaside by mondaland
6. 311 votes for Day At The Beach by dianne_annelli
7. 307 votes for Chateau_de_sable by la_fabriken
8. 294 votes for nautical baby - hexagonal quilt by mira_belle
9. 286 votes for Ocean View by susan_polston
10. 282 votes for sandcastle by gaiamarfurt
Water colors bring out the softer, more artistic side of power tools. Vote on your favorite watercolor power tool designs by next Wednesday, and be sure to check for the winner in our newsletter next Thursday! Who knows, these magnificent designs may just inspire you to remodel your work bench and reorganize your toolbox!
In this week's very special Design Challenge, we partnered with CWDkids to highlight the majestic and mysterious undersea beings from oceans near and far. Don't miss the top ten mermaid designs (and the limited edition fat quarter bundle!), and please give a huge shout-out to first-time Design Challenge winner Nikki Upsher for her winning design! Nikki has the amazing opportunity to work with CWDkids on a line of children's PJs! Check out all the beautiful mermaid designs on our Facebook page in our Mermaids Design Challenge photo album!
1. Final_Mermaid_Pattern_larger by nikki_upsher
2. mermaid by ebygomm
3. Happy as a clam by mhdesign
4. Mermaid Lullaby (Candy) by nouveau_bohemian
5. Captain Jack and the Mermaids by theboutiquestudio
6. mermaids & cats by kostolom3000
7. my little golden fishes by penguinhouse
8. Mermaids by Friztin by friztin
9. United Colors of Mermaids by cassiopee
10. Mermaids by bluecoin
Can we tell you a little secret? Mermaids are real. We swear! This week, we're teaming up with our friends at CWDkids to bring you a very special design challenge - mermaids! The chosen winner will have the amazing opportunity to have their design made into CWDkids best selling children's PJs! Swim on over and vote for your favorite mermaid design now!
In this week's Design Challenge, we asked you to pick a peck of your favorite pickled designs, and the results are in! Be sure to check out all the top 10 pickle designs and stay tuned to our Facebook page for photographs of the winners printed on vibrant Organic Cotton Sateen. Big congratulations goes to four-time winner Kate Rhees with her fun, fresh design, Pickled Peppers and Sprouts!
1. 529 votes for pickled peppers and sprouts by katerhees
2. 446 votes for Pickles from the Old Garden by christinewitte
3. 440 votes for Homemade Pickles by cynthiafrenette
4. 428 votes for Mid-Century Pickles! by orangefancy
5. 407 votes for Let's Get Canning by oliveandruby
6. 375 votes for Pickled pink ♥ by designed_by_debby
7. 349 votes for Pickles in my Pantry by slumbermonkey
8. 338 votes for PickelThis by cbronsky
9. 315 votes for Cucumber Patch by dianne_annelli
10. 312 votes for Pickles by jaymehennel
Get a virtual tour of the Spoonflower Headquarters!
View Larger Map