Last week, Spoonflower and industry sponsor, Moda Fabrics, narrowed down the entry field from nearly 800 to 100 semifinalists in our annual Fabric8 Contest. This week, you voted on the top 8 who will advance to the final round! Let's give a huge congratulations to the top 8 designers: Robin Pickins, Catalina Kim, Christine Witte, Gaia Marfurt, Ceri Staziker, Jennifer Geldard, Lucie Duclos, and Fizah Malik! Be sure to check out all the top designs here! They will be asked to expand their design into a 4-piece collection over the next 4 weeks and then the final votes will be cast to decide the next Fabric8 design superstar! Stay tuned through September for interviews to get to know all the finalists!
Romance Poppies Botanical Sketchbook by robinpickens
botanical dreamscape by catalinakim
A Field Guide to Wildflowers by christinewitte
botanical-sketch by gaiamarfurt
Edith's Garden by cerigwen
Botanical Sketchbook by jennifergeldard
Multiflorum by snowflower
Botanical bloom by fizah_malik
With close to 800 entries, this has been our most popular annual Fabric8 Design Challenge yet! Spoonflower and industry sponsor, Moda Fabrics, have narrowed it down to 100 semifinalists, and now's the time for you to step up and help decide who will advance to the final round. Between now and September 2nd, choose your favorite Botanical Sketchbook designs. The top eight designers selected by voting will be asked to expand their design into a 4-piece collection before the final votes are cast and the next fabric design superstar is announced!
Ahh, the smell of brand new textbooks...the sound of binders clicking open and closed. Must be time for back-to-school! Congratulations to this week's Design Challenge champion, Julie Lynch (cjldesigns) for her winning design, "Notebooks Journals and Diaries." See how the rest of the top 10 stack up and don't forget to visit our Facebook page for photos of all the top 10 printed out and looking their best on Silky Faille!
1. 588 votes for notebooks journals and diaries by cjldesigns
2. 462 votes for Little Library boy by heleen_vd_thillart
3. 417 votes for ModernBookshelf by nethery
4. 385 votes for books2 by gaiamarfurt
5. 379 votes for Read More Books by sheri_mcculley
6. 376 votes for Between The Lines by seesawboomerang
7. 373 votes for School Books N Stuff by creativetaylor
8. 361 votes for book joy by scrummy
9. 357 votes for pile of books___ by caro-nika
10. 329 votes for Jolly Journals Collection by paula's_designs
Whether reading for fun or studying for a class, books are universally important tools for education and understanding. Do you have a favorite reading nook or enjoy the smell of your local library? If yes, then it's time to browse all the book-centric designs and vote on your favorites in this week's contest!
With everything from leaf-munching caterpillars to nectar-sipping butterflies on display, the many phases of the life of the most showy pollinator were not lost on the more than 275 entrants to our Butterfly Coordinates Design Challenge! Congratulations to the first-time contest winner Oohoo with her butterfly coordinates design and don't miss all the top 10 winners' lovely coordinating designs! Be sure to browse our photoshoot with all the butterfly coordinate fabrics today on our Facebook page!
1. 329 votes for butterfly coordinates by oohoo
2. 321 votes for Butterfly Coordinates by memory
3. 312 votes for butterfly-coordinates-SF by treefishjane
4. 299 votes for Butterfly coordinates by heleen_vd_thillart
5. 276 votes for Butterfly Sketches Collection by khubbs
6. 269 votes for Wings N Things by natalierobin
7. 267 votes for spoonflower_butterfly_contest by dana_elena
8. 264 votes for With An Opposing Cloud by seesawboomerang
9. 263 votes for Vintage Garden Delights by christinewitte
10. 255 votes for Flying Fancy Butterfly Garden_Coordinates by robinpickens
When the sun is shining and flowers are abundant, we delight in watching butterflies take flight and revel in summer glory. To cap off our Summer SpoonChallenge, we put designers to the test by asking them to come up with four coordinating designs inspired by butterflies. As always, we are so impressed with the results. Check them all out and vote on your favorites!
Milk and cookies, ants on a log, apple slices. After a long day at school, everyone deserves a snack. Oh, and can we have just 15 minutes of TV time before starting our homework? This week's Design Challenge winners brought out their after-school spirit with snacks that had our mouths watering. Kate Rhees (katerhees) received top marks with her winning design, "Teacher's After School Snack." Check out all the A+ top ten winners, and don't forget to take a look at photos of all the winning designs today on our Facebook page!
1. 415 votes for Teacher's After School Snack by katerhees
2. 392 votes for snacks by cjldesigns
3. 365 votes for Ambrosia Fruit Salad by christinewitte
4. 340 votes for Apple Love (spring) by nouveau_bohemian
5. 299 votes for Orange Fiesta! by orangefancy
6. 278 votes for Fruit & Nut by jill_o_connor
7. 259 votes for Snack Time, Slack Time by papercanoedesign
8. 232 votes for Apples & Pears by melarmstrongdesign
9. 216 votes for Happy Snacks! by clayvision
10. 213 votes for After school snackeroos by amel24
Few things are cuter than a bouncing baby goat on a rocky hillside. That irresistible fact coupled, with the color palette of lush, sunny pastures, were the inspirations for this week's Design Challenge. Heading up the herd was "The Hilly Billy Goat" by designer Tiffany Heiger (tiffanyheiger)! Check out the entire lot of top ten winners and don't forget to scope out shots of all the winning designs later on our Facebook page!
1. 605 votes for The Hilly Billy Goat by tiffanyheiger
2. 532 votes for goat by gaiamarfurt
3. 474 votes for Hey Kid! by sarahallen
4. 464 votes for Goats of Spring by irrimiri
5. 455 votes for Scandi Goats by petite_circus
6. 413 votes for In a field of abstract clover: Goats by vo_aka_virginiao
7. 407 votes for Little Goats in the Garden by robinpickens
8. 375 votes for Baby goats by heleenvanbuul
9. 367 votes for Morning on the High Pasture by mariaspeyer
10. 363 votes for just goats dark green by scrummy
National Parks help us escape the chaos of urban life and get lost in a natural wonderland. Whether in the gift shop picking out snow globes or traversing a footbridge over a babbling creek, we love to revel in the beauty of Mother Nature! This week, designers rose to the challenge of capturing the diverse beauty of National Parks. Congratulations to first-time Design Challenge winner Meghann Rader and be sure to check out all the top 10!
1. 527 votes for Boreal by meghannrader
2. 508 votes for National Parks Snowdomes BIG by pinkowlet
3. 486 votes for Soda Nation - 59 Bottlecaps of the U.S. National Parks by pennycandy
4. 476 votes for Arizona Desert State Park by mariafaithgarcia
5. 472 votes for Call of the Wild by nouveau_bohemian
6. 467 votes for Camping in the Woods by papercanoedesign
7. 460 votes for Summer in Sarek by christinewitte
8. 425 votes for The Woodlands by oliveandruby
9. 424 votes for Night Walk in an Australian National Park by cjldesigns
10. 407 votes for Parken by la_fabriken
Hip, hip, hooray! Over one hundred designers stepped up to bat for our Design Challenge inspired by America's favorite summer pastime! Root for the top ten winners, and give a hoot-n-holler for Susan Polston (susan_polston) whose "Base hit" design came out on top! Check out all the triumphant fabrics on our Facebook page!
1. 470 votes for Base Hit by susan_polston
2. 383 votes for Stitch by nick_neuman
3. 335 votes for Baseballs - Linen by owlandchickadee
4. 315 votes for Baseball Hat Collection by katerhees
5. 280 votes for Baseball Lovers Unite! by pinky_wittingslow
6. 241 votes for 7th inning by jennifer_todd
7. 239 votes for three strikes by ottomanbrim
8. 230 votes for Field of Dreams by cecilia_mok
9. 227 votes for baseball by orangefancy
10. 219 votes for Ballgame by skbird
Baseball is one of America's favorite summer traditions. Could it be the hotdogs and popcorn, or the excitement of cheering on the home team with a tied ballgame and bases loaded in the seventh inning? Reminisce for a moment and cast your vote in our Take Me Out to the Ballgame Design Challenge!
You can tell a great deal about a person from the contents of their bag. Day in and day out, we carry with us necessities, provisions, and mementos and, in case that special occasion arises, a handful of bobby pins. Congratulations to Kate Rhees (katerhees) for her winning design, and to the entire top ten list of winners in this week's What's In Your Bag Design Challenge! View all the printed fabrics on our Facebook page today!
1. 346 votes for SUNGLASSES AND LIP GLOSS by katerhees
2. 323 votes for I've Got One In Here Somewhere by theonekierce
3. 306 votes for The Essentials by oliveandruby
4. 290 votes for Everything but the kitchen sink by vo_aka_virginiao
5. 286 votes for keys by ottomanbrim
6. 277 votes for Bag O' Stuff on Yellow by creativetaylor
7. 273 votes for Heels and Handbags by annadeegan
8. 227 votes for Bobby Pins Scatter by mariafaithgarcia
9. 223 votes for First Day of School by christinewitte
10. 214 votes for Goody Bag by meghannrader
This week's contest is a tribute to all those beloved essentials we just cannot leave home without. Could the bag really be the window into one's soul? Find out by casting your vote in our "What's In Your Bag?" Design Challenge by Wednesday of next week! Now I know my keys are in here somewhere...
¿Cómo Te Llama? We fell in love with all the lovely llamas our talented community herded into the Top 10 this week. Check out all the top ten llama designs and be sure to congratulate our winner, Maria Faith Garcia on her winning design, Llama Fun!
1. 495 votes for Llama Fun by mariafaithgarcia
2. 467 votes for Llama Brightfolk by onelittleprintshop
3. 448 votes for Llamas on Grey by creativetaylor
4. 447 votes for Llama Lovers by meliszawang
5. 430 votes for Camouflage Llama Family by christinewitte
6. 423 votes for Andes Mountain animals by dear_chickie
7. 415 votes for Llamas by petite_circus
8. 407 votes for Llama Love by cjldesigns
9. 367 votes for Llamas Evening Stroll_12inchRpt by robinpickens
10. 325 votes for Lovely Llamas - Large Scale by heatherdutton
When life gives you lemons, create a fabric design of course! When summer rolls around, there's nothing quite as refreshing as the combination of lemon, sugar and water - but these amazing designs do come pretty close! Congratulations to nouveau_bohemian on her third contest win with her thirst quenching design, The Lemon Orchard! Check out all the top printed in our Facebook album and in this week's fat quarter bundle.
1. 524 votes for The lemon orchard by nouveau_bohemian
2. 510 votes for Amalfi Lemon Linen by spellstone
3. 432 votes for Sun Juice by mariaspeyer
4. 424 votes for when_life_throws_lemons by mimipinto
5. 407 votes for Strawberry Lemonade by chickadeedeedee
6. 404 votes for Evening Glass of Pink Lemonade by robyriker
7. 401 votes for Miami Beach Lemonade Stand by christinewitte
8. 376 votes for MAGICAL SUGAR SPRINKLES by katerhees
9. 370 votes for Pink Lemonade Party by lisakubenez
10. 365 votes for Summer Fresh by yuliussdesign_com
So much excitement has been in the air at Spoonflower HQ this past week! Folks have flocked from their desks, the print room, and the operations floor for a chance to be sitting pretty on a big, comfy chair upholstered with their winning design! The voters have spoken – check out the top ten Staff Challenge designs and give a big high five to Eloisa Docton (Better known as natitys) for her winning design, Whimsy Floral Dots! It's amazing what you can do with a pen, paper and just 30 minutes!
1. 676 votes for Whimsy floral dots by eloisadocton
2. 535 votes for stork scissors by ashley_mason
3. 518 votes for Silly Raccoons by joshmckelvey
4. 510 votes for Scan_4 by kelly_m_
5. 427 votes for clouds-cute-faces by j_schnaak
6. 420 votes for Hannah_Koontz-ch by hkoontz
7. 417 votes for Love Arrows by brainsarepretty
8. 382 votes for Yummy_Treats by atate
9. 363 votes for Marker Swirls by kellyw
10. 331 votes for Scan_10-ch by jennifer_spanos
Get a virtual tour of the Spoonflower Headquarters!
View Larger Map