Beagles have long been adored for their ability to track scents and give a loud, baying howl when excited. For our latest Weekly Design Challenge, we asked designers to give us their take on the lovable hound – check out the contenders and cast your vote today!
As the utensil most likely to be assigned sentimental value, spoons come in countless shapes, sizes, and colors and are loved by all--check out the top 10 spoon designs and congratulations to Kate Rhees on her winning spoons design. Cheers to the spoon!
1. 517 votes for Spoons by katerhees
2. 439 votes for Les Spoons by amel24
3. 415 votes for Spoon Quilt by juliesfabrics
4. 361 votes for In My Kitchen by oliveandruby
5. 310 votes for Spoons by heleenvanbuul
6. 309 votes for Coffee Spoons by ebygomm
7. 306 votes for Loony Spoony Yard Sale by christinewitte
8. 289 votes for spoons by oleynikka
9. 275 votes for lotsa spoons by gracedesign
10. 267 votes for Party Spoons for Summer by robinpickens
Creativebug is the go-to source for online art and craft instruction. Their new Fabric Design Series is a 5-week course featuring creative rock stars Denyse Schmidt, Heather Ross, and Lizzy House. Each artist shares her own design process--from inspiration to creating repeating designs, working with color and much more. In this challenge, folks who have recently enrolled in the new course have the opportunity to show off their new designs for a chance to win incredible prizes to take their designing to the next level!
All of the top-ten designers will take home great prizes in this challenge!
The top three popularly-voted designers will be matched with either Denyse, Heather, or Lizzy to receive a review of their winning design, plus they’ll take home a 12-month subscription to Creativebug, $100 in Spoondollar credit, a 12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud!
Folks voted into slots 4-6 will receive a Wacom Tablet, Moleskine Evernote Sketchbook, and a 6-month subscription to Creativebug!
The rest of the top ten will take home a Christine Schmidt Carve-A-Stamp Kit, drawing pads, and Micron pens!
Sign up for the Creativebug Fabric Design Series today, and start planning your Design Challenge entry!
WHO: Spoonflower and Creativebug are teaming up for a very special fabric design challenge.
WHAT: Our Creativebug Design Challenge showcases the work of folks enrolled in the new Creativebug Fabric Design Series.
WHEN: The design deadline is April 14, 2015. Voting will take place April 16-22, 2015. The winner chosen from the popularly voted top ten designs will be announced on April 23, 2015.
HOW: To enter, participants enrolled in the Creativebug Fabric Design Series should create your own Spoonflower account, upload an original fabric design to the account, and enter the design in the Creativebug Design Challenge contest using the drop-down menu for entering contests. To enter this Design Challenge, you must be registered for Creativebug’s Fabric Design Series. Designs should be created especially for this contest, and all artwork must be your original work. Your Spoonflower preview will be viewed at 150 dpi in a fat-quarter size (21” x 18”).
See full details and official rules here.
Over the years, we've seen a lot of spoon-inspired fabric, but none as fun and funky as this! Vote for your favorite print in our very first spoon-themed Design Challenge.
Prepare yourself--this contest contains the cutest cubist cat fabric you've even seen! Celebrate our curious feline friends with this week's challenge and tell us, which designs you think should win.
We are so excited to partner with Carousel Designs and, of course, the members of our amazing creative community to create a unique new line of baby bedding!
WHO: Spoonflower and Carousel Designs are teaming up for a very special fabric design challenge.
WHAT: Our Southwest Baby Bedding Design Challenge seeks designs to create modern, sophisticated nurseries with a southwestern flair. The good folks at Carousel Designs will choose one winner from the top ten vote getting designs. The winner’s design will be used to produce the newest offering of nursery décor available through BabyBedding.com, and the winner will receive commission on the yardage ordered from Spoonflower. All top ten winners will receive $50 in Spoondollar credit and a pillow from Carousel Designs made with their design.
WHEN: The design deadline is March 24, 2015. Voting will take place March 26 - April 1, 2015. The winner chosen from the popularly voted top ten designs will be announced on April 2, 2015.
HOW: To enter, create your own Spoonflower account, upload an original fabric design to the account, and enter the design in the Southwest Baby Bedding contest using the drop-down menu for entering contests. Designs should be created especially for this contest, and all artwork must be your original work. Your Spoonflower preview will be viewed at 150 dpi in a fat-quarter size (21” x 18”).
See full details and official rules here.
After a few hours of counting sheep at Spoonflower HQ, the results are in: Night, Night, Sleep Tight by Virginia O has won! Take a quick break to check out the rest of the dreamy top 10 from this week's fabric design challenge.
1. 490 votes for Night, Night, Sleep Tight by vo_aka_virginiao
2. 442 votes for Baa Baa Black by mariaspeyer
3. 434 votes for Black Sheep Sanctuary by christinewitte
4. 415 votes for Knit Sheep by babybubbleco
5. 400 votes for wooly by ottomanbrim
6. 392 votes for Ditsy Sheep by allknitlong
7. 341 votes for Lovely lambs by laura_the_drawer
8. 332 votes for moutons de Panurge by gaianed_imagine
9. 314 votes for Black Sheep Spring Fling by robinpickens
10. 310 votes for itsy bitsy ditsy sheep by pattyryboltdesigns
The competition was tough, but in the end Italian designer Francesca Besso (Chicca Besso on Spoonflower) captured the hearts of voters and our judges at Urban Threads with her Octopuses in Love design. Francesca will receive a $100 cash prize, and an element from her winning design will be adapted into an accompanying embroidery pattern offered by Urban Threads. All of the top ten this week will receive $50 in Spoondollar credit. Check out all of the top ten!
1. 731 votes for OCTOPUSES IN LOVE by chicca_besso
2. 709 votes for Golden Steampunk Love by robinpickens
3. 661 votes for Unchain my steampunk heart by vo_aka_virginiao
4. 559 votes for in love with steampunk by yuliussdesign_com
5. 557 votes for You Hold the Key by stitchyrichie
6. 436 votes for My Heart Steams for you /Red by juliesfabrics
7. 430 votes for Shot Through The Heart by tiffanyhoward
8. 427 votes for Steampunk Valentine by hazel_fisher_creations
9. 397 votes for Owl Always Love Steampunk by creativebrenda
10. 391 votes for Love Gears by susan_polston
In honor of Australia Day on January 26th, Spoonflower designers invite you to take a trip through Australia's most beautiful cities through lovely surface patterns. From Perth to Brisbane, enjoy this cross-continental tour.
What about penguins is so gosh darn cute? Their little waddle? The fact that they all look like they're wearing tiny tuxedos? The way they slide around on the ice? Whatever it is, we love them. Get a good dose of penguin-preciousness in this week's contest.
We are so excited to partner with Urban Threads to help add a new embroidery pattern to their amazingly fresh and offbeat library of designs!
Urban Threads, creators of beautiful machine and hand embroidery patterns, love offering coordinating fabrics for their embroidery patterns--their Spoonflower shop features tons of “fabric designs to rock your embroidery,” in fact! Together, we’re giving you the opportunity to design a Steampunk Valentine themed fabric, and they will create a coordinating embroidery pattern for the winning design!
WHO: Spoonflower and Urban Threads are teaming up for a very special fabric design challenge.
WHAT: Our Steampunk Valentine Design Challenge seeks designs from which a lovely Steampunk Valentine’s themed embroidery pattern can be adapted by Urban Threads. The winner of this contest will work with Urban Threads to create an embroidery pattern to coordinate with their fabric design. We’re not designing embroidery patterns to be stitched in this contest, but patterns with a Steampunk Valentine theme that can be adapted to have accompanying embroidery elements offered through Urban Threads. Check out their handy Style Guide here for a full explanation of the types of designs that work well as embroidery coordinates. The good folks at Urban Threads will choose one winner from the top ten vote getting designs. The winner will receive a $100 cash prize from Urban Threads, and all top designers will receive $50 in Spoondollar credit.
WHEN: The design deadline is February 3, 2015. Voting will take place February 5 - February 11, 2015. The top ten designs and the four winners will be announced on February 12, 2015. The final embroidery pattern will be offered by Urban Threads in the coming months.
HOW: To enter, create your own Spoonflower account, upload an original fabric design to the account, and enter the design in the Steampunk Valentine Embroidery Coordinate contest using the drop-down menu for entering contests. Designs should be created especially for this contest, and all artwork must be your original work and should not include clip art or other available Valentine’s Day-themed artwork. A note about your design file: Urban Threads will need a high resolution jpg (at least 300 dpi and letter size) or a vector file to create the resulting embroidery pattern. We encourage you to prepare your original file for this, but you should create a copy of your file saved to 150 dpi to upload to Spoonflower. Your Spoonflower preview will be viewed at 150 dpi in a fat-quarter size (21” x 18”).
See the full details and official rules here.
We love blending art and technology together here at Spoonflower, which is why we are particularly excited about seeing math designs on fabric in this week's contest. Tell us who created the most beautiful equation and deserves a spot in next week's top 10.
Robin Pickens' prima ballerina fabric won top prize in our Nutcracker Design Challenge. Her twirling tutus left us breathless. Head over to the Spoonflower site to see who else made it into the top 10.
The final results:
1. 697 votes for Clara's Nutcracker Ballet_Lg by robinpickens
2. 535 votes for The Nutcracker (in Slate) by nouveau_bohemian
3. 504 votes for Nutcracker Ballet - by Andrea Lauren by andrea_lauren
4. 484 votes for Festive Nutcracker blue on white by cjldesigns
5. 408 votes for the nutcracker in cream by oliveandruby
6. 407 votes for Nutcracker by susan_polston
7. 402 votes for Nutcracker Cheater Quilt by christinewitte
8. 361 votes for Der Nussknacker! by mirjamauno
9. 349 votes for Nutcracker Ornaments by lisakubenez
10. 307 votes for Nutcracker by meg_smith_creative
11. 289 votes for Christmas with Nutcrackers by vo_aka_virginiao
12. 264 votes for The Nutcracker by scrummy
13. 262 votes for Nutcracker Figurines Set by vannina
14. 245 votes for A Nutcracker Christmas! by pattyryboltdesigns
15. 226 votes for nutcracker by sanneteloo
16. 204 votes for Nutcracker by heleenvanbuul
17. 202 votes for Nutracker Toy Theatre by paula's_designs
18. 201 votes for Nutty Nutcracker by tonia_dee
19. 201 votes for sweet dreams! by fable_design
20. 201 votes for Dancing in the Enchanted Forest by megtannahill
21. 192 votes for Nutcracker holiday by kimmurton
22. 182 votes for Nutcrackers by lunastone
23. 181 votes for Casse_noisette by lisahilda
24. 168 votes for Nutcracker by Friztin by friztin
25. 147 votes for Spoonflower_contest by oakleigh&sam
26. 144 votes for NutcrackerCell-01-01 by bibliosophy
27. 137 votes for Nutcracker doodles by beesocks
28. 134 votes for the_nutcracker by gemmacosgrove-ball
29. 131 votes for let's get crackin by annaboo
30. 128 votes for Land of Sweets by graceful
31. 120 votes for The Nutcracker, by Tchaikovsky by mrshervi
32. 119 votes for NUTCRACKER_SugarPlum_set by peppermintpatty
33. 119 votes for clara's dream by jillodesigns
34. 115 votes for Nutcracker Fantasy Ballet by glindabunny
35. 113 votes for nutcracker_pattern1 by thorina
36. 112 votes for Dance the Nutcracker by lvohamilton
37. 111 votes for The Nutcracker: Cast Silhouette by colour_angel
38. 104 votes for Nutcracker by spruceandsea
39. 99 votes for The Nutcracker by inniv8z_oz
40. 99 votes for The Nutcracker Sketched in Pastels by alicefrenz
41. 97 votes for The Nutcracker Ballet by canterlanedesign
42. 95 votes for nutcracker_print by coloredbycass
43. 93 votes for dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy by kociara
44. 92 votes for mouse army by mongiesama
45. 91 votes for Nutcracker - © Lucinda Wei by simboko
46. 91 votes for 12 cast of nutcracker by sef
47. 90 votes for Nutcracker by kellyprimitives
48. 85 votes for The Original King Nutcracker v2 by emmie_norfolk
49. 85 votes for Nutcracker Prince Red and Gold by pond_ripple
50. 82 votes for The Suite by firedryad1
51. 80 votes for nutcracker by castl3t0n
52. 79 votes for Nutcracker by sjagiello
53. 78 votes for pink tulle by weavingmajor
54. 78 votes for the Nutcracker scene two by nathalie_hunter
55. 74 votes for Winter Sage Nutcracker Pattern by dogwoodfinch
56. 72 votes for fleury by izcolorfuluniverse
57. 69 votes for The_NutCracker by yazooky
58. 65 votes for cuento_de_navidad by carmenlafarga
59. 65 votes for Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy by reneechristine
60. 61 votes for yuletide by bobo1325
61. 59 votes for the utcracker by texaslizzy
62. 59 votes for Sugarplum Fairy II by vasonaarts
63. 56 votes for Nutcracker Ballet Dolls by eppiepeppercorn
64. 55 votes for Nutcracker by andi_gruber_design
65. 52 votes for Nutcracker by super_nora
66. 51 votes for Nutcracker - Waltz of the Snowflakes by elramsay
67. 46 votes for The Nutcracker (deef!) by amy_g
68. 44 votes for Serried ranks by mimihammill
69. 44 votes for Nutcracker Dream by annesartnl
70. 42 votes for A Nutcracker Parade by robyriker
71. 39 votes for Nutcracker_FabiC by fabic
72. 39 votes for Le Ballet by orangefancy
73. 39 votes for DANCES WITH STARS by bluevelvet
74. 38 votes for ballerina poster-ch by bananana
75. 37 votes for fabric_nutcracker by robbiea
76. 37 votes for crackin me up by graciasbear
77. 35 votes for Nutcracker by mirandacc12
78. 32 votes for Pas_De_Duck_Green_7 by jenoiserie
79. 31 votes for Nutcracker by svaeth
80. 31 votes for Night Time Nutcracker by slumbermonkey
81. 31 votes for Sugared Almonds by spellstone
82. 30 votes for Nutcracker_A1 light by ruthjohanna
83. 29 votes for nutcracker by squilliam
84. 28 votes for Nutcracker_print by katesbeads
85. 28 votes for Nutcracker by wiccked
86. 27 votes for Nutcracker Suite Christmas by gazeofdolls
87. 27 votes for Nutcracker by kaseymargaret
88. 26 votes for nutcracker by bruxamagica
89. 26 votes for Holiday Squirrels by iliketodraw
90. 25 votes for nutcracker by glimmericks
91. 25 votes for Nutcracker1 by danielle_bettina
92. 23 votes for nutcracker by brigete
93. 22 votes for the next generation nutcrackers by van_winkle
94. 21 votes for Mr. Nutty by missjazzy
95. 20 votes for Sugarplum Fairy by chantal_pare
96. 19 votes for Nutcracker Prince by bobgreenwade
97. 19 votes for Old Nut Crackers by sillasart
98. 19 votes for Nutcrackers-princess-grossf by tink-a-bel
99. 18 votes for Sugar_Plum_Music2 by b2b
100. 18 votes for Kitten and The Nutcracker by meow_and_craft
101. 18 votes for Ballerinas by marinamolares
102. 17 votes for Nutcracker Present by drapestudio
103. 16 votes for Sugar Plum Fairy by jennifurryrabbit
104. 15 votes for Flying to the Nutcracker Auditions!! (large repeat) by anniedeb
105. 15 votes for Nutcracker by athomewitharwen
106. 15 votes for Nutcracker by abstractionsbyronda
107. 15 votes for Nutcracker ballet by gabriellemutel
108. 14 votes for There's a nutcracker in my tree ! by chovy
109. 13 votes for Holiday Nutcrackers by lorileidig
110. 12 votes for nutcracker X ballerina by yaney
111. 12 votes for Kitcracker by menny
112. 12 votes for You're invited to Clara's recital by karenharveycox
113. 10 votes for Pointe by annie_stine
114. 10 votes for nutcracker by amy_isis
115. 9 votes for harlequindolls by beverly_brill
116. 9 votes for Box Ballerina by cookiedog
117. 9 votes for Ballet tools by raquelklepacz
118. 8 votes for Tchaikovsky' s Nutcracker Snow Menagerie by aindreemcg
119. 8 votes for sugarplumbballetnutcracker by megan_marcus
120. 8 votes for Dancing Toasters 2 by toaster
121. 8 votes for wonderous__7_ by zaspruced
122. 6 votes for The Land Of Sweets! by winterblossom
123. 5 votes for Eva_s_spoonflower-ed-ed by eves_
124. 5 votes for Dreams by maevalentine
125. 5 votes for Nutcracker in Woods by pilaralfaro
126. 2 votes for Crackerjack Rabbit Does Nutcracker by papertrips
Tchaikovsky's famous ballet becomes the inspiration for an amazing range of fabrics. We're taking Christmas week off, so you'll have two weeks to choose your favorites. We'll announce the winners on New Year's Eve!
The winner of this week's challenge is Esther Fallon Lau (nouveau bohemian) of Australia, but another Australian -- as well as designers from Canada, the US, Italy and the UK -- also appears in this week's top ten. Check out the world class talent!
The final results:
1. 550 votes for Woodland Winter Toile (in Cranberry) by nouveau_bohemian
2. 480 votes for Winter Wilderness by cjldesigns
3. 424 votes for Winter Night Toile Midnight by hollycejeffriess
4. 424 votes for Gingerbread Village Toile! by pattyryboltdesigns
5. 392 votes for In the heart of Winter by chicca_besso
6. 389 votes for Lush Winter Garden by christinewitte
7. 378 votes for Winter foxes in the deep forest by vo_aka_virginiao
8. 371 votes for Midwinter Silver by spellstone
9. 355 votes for Guardian of the Forest winter toile de jouy navy by beesocks
10. 323 votes for Yeti Toile by chris_jorge
Warning: this contest is in danger of being a cuteness overload. Chilly and wintery kittens don cozy mittens and build snowmen, get into mischief, and take snuggly cat-naps. Pick the most precious kitty!
We are deep into fall already, and nothing warms our souls better than a steaming drink or bowl of soup. We are celebrating an often unrecognized friend this week: the trusty thermos. Tell us which designer has the hottest thermos design.
Get a virtual tour of the Spoonflower Headquarters!
View Larger Map