Search Results for: valentine's day
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Are you looking for DIYs to whip up for friends and family? Take a look at a few lovely DIYs that are inspiring us to add a little handmade goodness to this sweet holiday.
Get cozy with loved ones and a sweet one-hour quilt!
I don’t know about you, but this week’s winter weather has me wanting to stay inside and wait for spring. While the snow and ice is starting to melt here in North Carolina, I’m still planning to spend my Valentine’s Day cuddled up and warm at home. If you’re staying in too, here are 5 things to inspire a celebration of all things heart shaped and lovey-dovey on Valentine’s Day!
FEAST YOUR EYES on all of the gorgeous heart designs on the Spoonflower Marketplace. Sign into your account to favorite the designs you love to keep track for future projects. I’m loving this Queen of Hearts collection by PennyCandy. The design featured here is Open Your Heart.
FOLD AN ORIGAMI HEART in five different ways. You can use them to embellish a valentine or simply give them to someone you love.
EMBROIDER a handwritten message from the heart.
RAID YOUR PAPER STASH (and perhaps the recycling you’ve avoided taking out in the snow!) to create beautiful, mini heart pinatas.
PRINT THIS PATTERN to create a patchwork anatomical heart and applique to anything you like!
Hope these will keep you from going stir crazy on a Valentine’s Day in!
Have a great weekend,
This ain’t your Grandma’s cross stitch. If you’re sick of sweet nothings, these top 10 fabrics are your snarky Anti-Valentine’s Day antidote. Love comes in many different forms, just ask the praying mantis in Analinea’s winning fabric design!
Here are the voting results:
1. 537 votes for The mantis girl is hungry of love by analinea
2. 518 votes for Jaded Valentine by cerigwen
3. 371 votes for Stupid Cupid by mira_belle
4. 321 votes for BrokenHearted VoodooDolls by juliesfabrics
5. 280 votes for broken heart by lilliblomma
6. 265 votes for Skull & Cross stitches by vicky_s
7. 256 votes for Happily Ever After by christinewitte
8. 236 votes for you’re_a_real_prick by fiona_sinclair_design
9. 225 votes for heart3 by mgterry
10. 216 votes for The Cupid Fall by loeff
I can't help it– I'm hopelessly in love with love as much as I'm in love with fabric and yarn! With Valentine's Day coming up on Friday, we've rounded up some quick projects that you can sew, knit, or crochet this week to show someone how much you care. The best part is, you can finish most of these with yarn and fabric you probably already have in your stash!
SEW lavender heart pillows that will smell amazing and add a pop of color to your space.
KNIT a set of conversation heart coasters to say how much you care.
CROCHET heart shaped storage baskets– who doesn't love a cute place to store odds and ends?!
EMBROIDER a heart design in french knots to make the perfect gift for your crafty friends!
SEW a set of pillows to complete a heart of gold!
And since Valentine's Day is this Friday and your week might be looking busy:
"SEW" these super-simple but oh-so-cute heart pillows with permanent fabric tape.
Whether you celebrate Valentine's Day or choose to hide from the droves of bears, chocolates, and balloons on Friday, we hope you'll take some time this week to celebrate all of the love and friendship in your life!
We'd love to know your favorite way to tell someone you care, so please do share in the comments!
Have a great week,
This Valentine's Day, wrap up that special someone's gift with the sweetest gift wrap we've ever seen! One lucky winner will take home two rolls of love-themed gift wrap by Ello Lovey and Amel24, and one roll of custom-printed candy wrappers designed by Natitys for your valentines!
Enter by Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 for a chance to win! We will announce the winner on the blog on Wednesday, February 12th. Congratulations to Eric Guittiere– winner of a Wacom Inkling!
Spread some love this Valentine’s Day with custom-wrapped treats! Eloisa from the Spoonflower team (Natitys on Spoonflower) has created some great printables for you to download and customize to print on paper or a roll of our gift wrap for an inexpensive way to personalize gifts for your valentines.
We had 81 entries in our love-themed Fabric Of the Week contest, so this week you'll have three pages of designs to peruse. As usual, you can vote for ALL the designs you like. Happy Valentine's Day!
The participants competing this week are:
- All of a flutter by bry
- Batty_4_U by kiki_
- Be Mine by pinkmonkeyflower
- be mine by ag_designs
- Bear Hugs (#008-00) Milk by inscribed_here
- Black & Red Valentine Playing Card by aydeeyai
- Blocks of Love by lpds1220
- costume love by moxywares
- Crafty Candy Hearts by jenimp
- Crazy Love by lacefairy
- cross-stitched hearts by smila
- Doves and Hearts by katharinahirsch
- Dreaming Heart by pantsmonkey
- emily_s_pattern by emilyclaire
- Family Values by giftinspired
- Finding Love by ttoz
- First Love by jeezvanilla
- four_red_hearts by jone
- Guitar Love by tlouey
- Happytines by parklanegirl
- hateless by neetee
- Heart Shine by winter
- Hearts by kdartstudio
- HeartThrob by greenmyeyes
- I Heart Hippos by arcana-j
- i heart type by studio_tm
- I heart you by taraput
- In love 2 by nadja_p
- in the pink by drbadjen
- Jello hearts by hannafate
- Karners Love Lupine by helenklebesadel
- Language of love by simplydollicious
- Locks___d-s by rtzfrtz
- Lots of hand drawn hearts by antonybriggs
- Love by natalie
- Love Alive by think_house
- Love Bird by bryony
- Love Fiesta by sammyk
- love filled hearts by katykeuter
- love heart by scrummy
- Love in a box by jasmo
- Love In Bloom by heidikaether
- Love is in the Air by sew-me-a-garden
- Love letters by kimnlove56
- lovebunnies4 by kre8or
- lovegarden mirror by uzumakijo
- Loves me…Loves me not! by cutiepoops
- love_is_a_nice_cup_of_tea by etrewinchester
- love_neon by corentine
- loving peace by thalis87
- LUV_SWEAT_N_TEARS by kimkim
- Matchmaker (pink) by leighr
- Oh…el amor!!! by tilde
- Only You by beenishz
- pachy smooch by abbethune
- peace-love3 by antoniamanda
- Pierrot and Pierrette by shirlene
- Pink Matryoshka Doll Love by tortagialla
- red_heart by innerfire
- Robot Heart Shaped Head by herartsheloves
- Romantic Love by findevogel
- scandibirds by funkynature
- Scandinavian Love by zeppomarks
- So Much Love by klynnmorton
- Still Rather Fond of Red by nalo_hopkinson
- Sweet Heart by image_capsule
- Sweet Love by mandyh
- Sweet Moons by deboraheve
- sweethearts by asset68
- Tattoo Love by hamburgerliebe
- The Swan I Love by cean
- Tummyflies by anahata
- tunnel of love by indi
- TWEEThearts by mytinystar
- Valentine Wine by spellstone
- valentine_punkarmed_and_dangerous by papertiguer
- Valentine_s_Heart_Pattern_Fabric_150 by heartaday
- valentine_toile French by humpty
- vll_cut_paper_valentine_collage_1-ch by victorialasher
- XO with love by vo
Remember when you were in elementary school and giving out a box of candy conversation hearts was the easiest way to express your admiration for your classmates? While the way we express our love (and taste buds!) may have changed, we can’t help but get that feeling of nostalgia when they make an appearance every Valentine’s Day. With some help from Spoonflower designer caja_design, we’re showing this popular sweet treat a little DIY love with a beginner-friendly garland using one of our no-sew friendly fabrics, Fleece! Keep reading to see the full how-to including step-by-step instructions for a blanket stitch.