With Thanksgiving just around the corner for many of us, it’s time to start planning ahead for the holiday season–and that means decorations. If you have kids, you know that this time of year is challenging because you want to keep your little ones engaged and occupied (especially if they’re on holiday break) while also accomplishing your decorating tasks. Never fear: we’ve assembled a list of 15 easy DIY ornaments & crafts you can make with your kids. Keep them busy, create some fun memories that will last for years to come, and get your house decorated at the same time. A win-win-win, if you ask us. Let’s jump in!
1. Holiday family newsletter ornaments
2. Cut and sew gnome ornaments
Cut & Sew Finnish Elves | Mirkahokkanen on Spoonflower
photo via: mirkahokkanen Instagram
3. Add a touch of gold to your holiday decorations with these DIY gold painted ornaments.
4. Cute, kid-friendly ornaments in under an hour? Absolutely.
5. Cut and sew fabric gingerbread ornaments
6. These easy DIY pomegranate ornaments will add a bright, citrus-y pop to your holiday tablescape.
7. Add a rustic touch to your home with these adorable holiday pinecone trees.
8. Make your kids feel special with these easy (and awesome) personalized Scrabble ornaments.
9. Have a some leftover scrap fabric? Then these quick holiday cards are calling your name!
9. Drawstring pouch Advent calendars.
10. These peppermint-themed ornaments made with baker’s twine are quick to create and look great on a tree.
11. This classic holiday craft with provide you and your little ones with memories for years to come. Get creative with it!
12. Searching for a creative way to recycle broken crayons AND make some ornaments? Look no further.
13. These inventive tags can be made with some twigs, paper, and a little bit of glue–we might even add a sprig of pine.
14. Make these adorable keepsakes–made with polymer clay and gold paint–for the whole family!
15. Harness the cold weather with this simple outdoor décor DIY.
Have a favorite, kid-friendly holiday DIY craft or ornament that that we missed? Let us know in the comments. Happy crafting!