With the holidays right around the corner the Spoonflower crew is abuzz printing and shipping fabric for your last minute gifts. In their spare time, this creative bunch is crafting up a storm of handmade gifts for friends and family. Take a look!
Archives for December 2013
For our final prize of our 12 Days of Giveaways series Brooklyn based designer, sewing instructor and fashion writer Jamie Lau will be creating a one-of-a-kind dress for the lucky winner! Create custom fabric using a photograph or hand drawn sketch for Jamie to stitch up in to a custom Colorblock A-line Shift Dress. Enter by 10am tomorrow morning for a chance to win! We will announce the winner on the blog.
Congratulations Gill Watson, winner of Day 11!
We had a gas browsing through the Ugly Holiday Sweater Design Challenge. It was a celebration of all things wonderfully tacky, over the top, and downright crazy. But we also couldn't help the sneaking feeling: we would be glad to wear those sweaters to the Spoonflower holiday party! Congratulations to our geektastic winner, Debi Lewis of West Virginia, and the rest of the top finalists.
And here are your voting results:
1. 381 votes for Geektastic Christmas by implexity
2. 379 votes for Cats at a Sweater Party – by Andrea Lauren by andrea_lauren
3. 367 votes for vintage chums by scrummy
4. 319 votes for Ugly sweater wash day by ebygomm
5. 302 votes for Dad's Ski Sweater by jennartdesigns
6. 299 votes for Ugly Sweater Family by annewashere
7. 285 votes for SweaterDeer by kitkatdesigns
8. 265 votes for sweater by jenna_hoffman
9. 261 votes for Julie's Knitting – USweater by juliesfabrics
10. 259 votes for Christmas Unicorns by logan_spector
Today we are giving away one of our favorite fabric design tools– a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Tablet! With a digital drawing tablet artists can draw and create directly on the computer and manipulate and correct digital photos and scans of hand drawn artwork. Enter by 10am tomorrow, December 13th, for a chance to win! We will announce the winner on the blog tomorrow and announce our final giveaway of our 12 Days of Giveaways!
Congratulations to Penny Hajiantoni– day ten's winner!
Looking for the perfect gift for a budding fabric designer? A Spoonflower Welcome Pack is a great resource for learning the ins and outs of surface design. Each pack includes a copy of Kim Kight’s A Field Guide to Fabric Design: Design, Print & Sell Your Own Fabric; Traditional & Digital Techniques; For Quilting, Home Dec & Apparel. In this book, budding designers are guided through every step of the design process, from creating patterns by hand and on the computer to transferring their work onto fabric. Welcome Packs also include $35 in Spoondollar credit for the recipient to spend on Spoonflower’s website, and a Spoonflower swatch book with samples of all the fabrics and materials, including wallpaper and decals, that we offer for printing. In addition the Welcome Pack we are including a fat quarter bundle of the top 10 designs from our annual Tea Towel Calendar Design Challenge. Enter by 10am tomorrow morning, December 12th, for a chance to win! Check back to the blog for the winner and our prize for day 11!
Congrats to Maribeth Ecer, winner of Day Nine!
A faux taxidermy deer head is on everyone’s wish list this year, and now you have the chance to win one! Near and Deer creates custom works of art using fabric, faux taxidermy animals and a little magic! Enter before 10am EST tomorrow morning for your chance to win one of their amazing creations featuring Jane Newham’s design Aus Flower Print. We will announce the winner on the blog tomorrow morning. Stay tuned for our last few days of giveaways!
Congratulations to our winners for Day Eight– Sangeetha Venkatraman, Jean Wood, and Kris Mihalov!
The 2013 crafting goodness (or madness, for those of you frantically making holiday gifts!) is winding down, and we've been thinking back on some our favorite design and crafting projects we've been fortunate to host on the Spoonflower blog this year.
Looking to take your fabric design skills to the next level? Today we are giving away the perfect tool for all budding designers– a 3 month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud! With Creative Cloud, you'll always have access to the very latest Adobe desktop apps, including Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and more. Three winners will have the opportunity to get their feet wet experimenting with 3 months of full access to all creative products offered by Adobe.
Enter by 10am EST tomorrow morning for a chance to win. We will announce the winner tomorrow on the blog + Day 9 of our 12 Days of Giveaways!
Jenn Scott is the winner of Day Seven's giveaway– congrats!
For day 7 of our 12 Days of Giveaways we are taking a slightly different approach. We will make a $200 donation to the winner’s choice from these 5 charities: the ASPCA, Heifer International, Kiva, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, or the American Red Cross.
- The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) works to prevent cruelty to animals and to pass humane laws, and shares resources with animal shelters.
- Heifer International works to end poverty and hunger around the globe by providing families with livestock and training that improve nutrition and generate income in sustainable ways.
- Kiva provides microloans to low-income people around the world who might otherwise not have access to the capital needed to found and sustain small businesses.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure is dedicated to the eradication of breast cancer around the world and funds scientific research.
- The American Red Cross provides disaster relief in the U.S. and around the world, helps provide support to American military families, provides health and safety training, and facilitates blood donation in the U.S. that comprises 40% of the total U.S. supply.
Enter by 10am EST tomorrow morning for a chance to win. We will announce the winner tomorrow on the blog + Day 8 of our 12 Days of Giveaways!
Congratulations to Alyssa Torres, winner of Day Six!
With Christmas right around the corner, finish up any last minute shopping while supporting independent artists and makers! Today’s giveaway is a $100 gift card from Etsy that you can use to buy handmade gifts from crafters worldwide! Tomorrow morning at 10am is the entry deadline!
Congratulations to Jean McCarthy– Day Five's winner!