Spoonflower is partnering with Adobe to bring you a design challenge using their amazing color palette creation app Kuler. The winner of this design challenge will receive an excellent prize, a one-year membership to Adobe Creative Cloud™! The membership gives you access to all of Adobe's creative products and services, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
Kuler® is a cloud-based application for making color themes using an iPhone or your browser. Capture colors from a mural, garden, or wherever you happen to be. Create and share your own color combinations, browse thousands of themes from the Kuler community, sync your themes right to Adobe® Illustrator® CC, and start using them in your designs. See a video of the new Kuler color palette creation tool.
For this design challenge, use the Kuler iPhone app or website to create a color theme derived from your environment. Then, use that theme to create a beautiful design based on your favorite space. See instructions below.
- Download the free Adobe Kuler app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-kuler/id632313714?mt=8
- Use Kuler to capture a theme from your phone's camera. You can use "live" mode to capture what you see in your view finder, or toggle over to camera mode and select the picture icon to upload from an image in your photo library, Google or Flickr.
- Select the colors you prefer to include in your palette and tap the checkmark.
- Name your theme, add tags, and click "Private" under the Actions toolbar to change your theme to "Public" (Kuler will save your theme as Private by default).
- Click the share button to share via Twitter and include @spoonflower in your tweet.
- Sign up for a free Kuler account on kuler.adobe.com
- Click the camera icon in the upper right corner of to create a theme from an image you've saved to your computer
- Select the colors you prefer to include in your palette.
- Save and name your theme
- Click "Private" under the Actions toolbar to change your theme to "Public" (Kuler will save your theme as Private by default).
Once you've created and uploaded your contest design to your Spoonflower design library, add the link to your public Kuler color palette to your design description.
Contest voting previews will be shown at the fat quarter fabric size (21" x 18"). Deadline for entry is Tuesday, September 10th, 2013, voting opens September 12th, and we'll announce the winning design and all top ten vote-getting designs on Thursday, September 19th. Good luck and have fun creating your color palettes!