Did you miss QuiltCon last month or are you maybe just hankering for a slower and more contemplative sewing event? If so, you may want to check out The Makerie Sewing retreat coming up on April 18-21 in Boulder, Colorado. The Makerie has previously hosted other crafting retreats, but this is their very first sewing- and textiles-only retreat. We think this is a great idea, Makerie folks!
Ali DeJohn, the Makerie's founder, says that the Makerie's "cozy mountain sewing retreat is designed to inspire, encourage and nourish creativity through sensational workshops taught by renowned teachers from around the country." This retreat's instructor line-up includes some very talented sewists, crafters, and designers indeed! Amy Butler, Cal Patch, Heather Jones, Jenny Hart, Kaari Meng, Liesl Gibson, and Tamar Mogendorff all grace the list of instructors, and participants can take as many as four 4-hour classes during the retreat weekend from these renowned teachers.
In addition to the creative workshops, retreat participants can join in sessions of wake-up yoga and hiking, then fuel their physical and creative exertions with healthy, locally-sourced organic meals throughout the weekend, all while nestled in the Makerie's gorgeous location at the base of the Flatiron Mountains in Colorado. If you're craving some time dedicated to creativity and making something with your own two hands, the Makerie Sewing just might be calling your name!
To whet your appetite, the Makerie Sewing has wrangled a positively ginormous bunch of prizes from their lovely instructors to give away this week! Included in this week's giveaway are:
- A copy of Midwest Modern from Amy Butler, along with a set of her Sunblooms stationery, Charm Clutch pattern, Oval Patchy Pillow pattern, Must Have Pillows pattern, and Laptop Cover and MP3 Case pattern
- From Cal Patch, a copy of Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified
- From Heather Jones, all 4 of her quilt patterns sent straight to your inbox as pdf files
- From Jenny Hart, a full set of her gorgeous Sublime Floss for your embroidery projects
- From Kaari Meng, fat quarter bundle of her French General "Esprit de Noel" collection
- From Liesl Gibson, the winner's choice of two Oliver + S and two Straight Stitch Society patterns sent as pdf files
- From Tamar Mogendorff, one of her lovely bird and birdcage soft sculptures
To enter your name into the drawing for this bonanza of wonderful prizes, just follow the link below. Entries will close next Tuesday, 3/12 and we'll announce the lucky winner's name on 3/13. Good luck to you all!
Last week, we offered up five of our 2013 Spoonflower staff t-shirts designed by Spoonflower staffer Adam Hunt for giveaway, and the winners were Kimberly Luongo, Jessica Rogers, Helen Harrison, Peter Krueger, and Liesbeth Mol. Congratulations, y'all! We'll be in contact soon about your new shirts!