Top Ten Indie Fabric Designers of 2011
Continuing with the year-end reflections we began with yesterday's post, today we'd like to present the top ten indie fabric designers in the Spoonflower marketplace for 2011. They are:
2. studiofibonacci - Part-time designer and "life-long geek" Studio Fibonacci always seems to have her finger on the pulse of the subcultures that thrive on the Internet.
3. heatherross - Heather Ross is a bit of a celebrity, having written a popular sewing book as well as produced bestselling fabric designs and illustrations for a number of well-known companies. While she doesn't have any fabric available at the moment on Spoonflower, now and then she'll offer limited edition versions of her fabric designs, which are always hot-sellers!
6. domesticate - Andrea Whalen of Marysville, Ohio, is an interior design-lover and fan of "natural glam."
8. pattysloniger - You may remember Patty Sloniger as the winner of the Project Selvage contest we put together with Michael Miller Fabrics. Her new fabric collections for MMF will be available in quilt shops this year!
Although all the thumbnails are broken on the post, it's fun to compare this year's list to a similar list we put together a year ago for the top indie designers of 2010.
Top Fifty Indie Fabric Designs
Before you ask, let us follow up the first list with an answer to the natural corollary question: "What were the most popular individual fabric designs on Spoonflower in 2011?" In order to dig a little deeper into all the amazing original designs on the site, on this list we're offering the top 50. (note that the images should all act as links. The top-selling fabrics on Spoonflower in 2011 were:
1. Madman in a Blue Box fabric by studiofibonacci
2. Spoonflower Color Map fabric by spoonflower [doesn't really count but we left it in anyway]
3. playhorsespink2 fabric by heatherross
4. (Small) Eleven Traveling Doctors and Blue Phone Boxes fabric by greencouchstudio
5. chevrons fabric by holli_zollinger
6. (Large) Eleven Traveling Doctors and Blue Phone Boxes fabric by greencouchstudio
7. Mock Pacman 2.0 fabric by pixeldust
8. playhorsespink fabric by heatherross [not currently for sale]
9. cricketfabric fabric by heatherross [not currently for sale]
10. Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, Feorlen, and Bacon fabric by vo_aka_virginiao
11. equations and equations fabric by primenumbergirl
12. T.A.R.D.I.S. fabric by theunicornandthewasp
13. Tea Towel Calendar fabric by pennycandy
14. mustache gallery fabric by avelis
15. Political Dalek fabric by studiofibonacci
16. Ro-co-co and a Bottle of Rum fabric by ceanirminger
17. Kawaii Kitchen - plushie toy set fabric by bora
18. Tetris Border Print fabric by chronicallyuncool (also appeared in last year's top 10)
19. Owls, in Blue - In The Land of Boys fabric by aimeemarie
20. Owl Be Darned! Apron Pattern fabric by ceanirminger (also appeared in last year's top 10)