Imaginary Animalia: Vote for your favorite fanciful fabrics!
What did we mean when we asked you to submit fabrics using imaginary animals? Hmmm. Well, the idea was to elicit visions of creatures that exist only in the imagination of the designer, but we ended up keeping all the unicorns and dragons and mermaids that showed up. We did make some attempt to remove cats, dogs, chickens and sock monkeys, but accepted oddly shaped birds and, in one case, a blue butterfly whose designer asserted that it was the product of an imaginary blue caterpillar. In the end, as regular readers know, we put together our themes with an eye more toward fun than rules. As you vote in this week's contest, I know you'll bring your own notions of imaginary animals to the table. There are close to two hundred entries, so enjoy voting!
The participants this week are:
- © 2011 The Elusive Hairpin Tern by glimmericks
- Scuba Diva Hilda in her JellyFish Garden by jellybeanquilter
- 2 Dragons-BlytheAyne by blythe
- 3 Heads are Better than 1 by kiwiandsteve
- A 2 February 2011 - Carrousel secret music bird box by rupydetequila
- A Bevy of Flighty Gazers by virginiao*aka*vo
- A mini catelope and a snurtle-mouse-imaginary animals and friends by ann-dee
- ah yeti yeti hoo! by paragon_studios_one
- ALIEN_INSECTS by deeniespoonflower
- Ancient Oak Leaf Dragon by woo