Upcoming fabric design contest themes: breakfast, paisley, leprechauns, squid & maps
In case you missed it in this week's email, our upcoming Fabric Of the Week contest design themes (all of which will be previewed at the fat quarter size) include:
- Breakfast. This contest is for fabrics with breakfast as their theme. Please don't submit designs that have appeared in previous contests. Deadline is Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011. Quarter-yard previews (21" x 18").
- Paisley. Paisley fabric designs. According to the Wikipedia, a paisley is "a droplet-shaped vegetable motif of Indian and Persian origin. The pattern is sometimes called "Persian pickles" by American traditionalists, especially quilt makers, or "Welsh pears" in Welsh textiles as far back as 1888." Entry deadline is Tuesday, March 1, 2011.
- Leprechauns. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, please submit a fabric design using leprechauns as a design motif. Entry deadline is Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
- Squid. [A personal favorite subject of mine.] Submit a fabric design using squid as a motif. Entry deadline is Tuesday, March 15, 2011.
- Maps. This is a contest for fabric designs using maps as a design motif. We're NOT looking for you to draw a map and center it. You should submit a fabric design -- ie, a motif that repeats well over a variable expanse of fabric -- that uses a map or maps or is inspired by maps. Please don't scan or copy existing maps for this contest (although creative use of permissable public domain materials might be considered ok in original designs). Entry deadline is Tuesday, March 22, 2011.