Spoonflower Year In Review: Top 10 referring Web sites & blogs for 2010
Top 10 Referring Web sites for 2010
Even as the world drifts farther into 2011, we're still having fun sorting through data from 2010. Among the trivia extracted so far: the top 10 (non-blog) Web sites that referred traffic to the intrepid, fabric-loving Internet start-up we call Spoonflower between January 1, 2010 and January 1, 2011.
- facebook.com [we just want to be liked]
- google.com [no surprise there. Custom fabric, anyone?]
- stumbleupon.com [a fun alternative to search engines when you're not in a hurry]
- flickr.com [the very best place to admire amazing crafts by fellow Spoonflowerers]
- colourlovers.com [friends of ours who love color... and extra vowels]
- twitter.com [snatching victory from the jaws of re-tweet]
- etsy.com [a million suns shine across the Etsyverse]
- vintageprintable.com [an amazing collection of public domain art]
- LiveJournal.com [old school community]
- reddit.com [no idea. This one came as a surprise to me.]
Top 10 Referring Blogs for 2010
Somewhat arbitrarily, we took our top referring sites and carved out the ones that are -- at least to our way of thinking -- clearly blogs rather than Internet services of some sort.
Blogs have always been the primary force behind the growth of Spoonflower as word of our services has spread, grassroots-style, from one crafty blog to another. The blogs that have driven the most traffic to Spoonflower between January 1, 2010 and January 1, 2011 are:
The list above is short, whereas the list of great blogs to whom we owe our thanks and appreciation is actually very, very long. Please know, bloggers everywhere, that we admire and respect you for making the World Wide Web into the amazing and complex ecosystem of information that it is. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you do to share your experiences!