| January 08, 2009
Currents | Fabric:
You Design It, They Print It
By JULIE SCELFO
Spoonflower.com is a Web site that allows anyone to design and print custom fabric.
We are very pleased that Spoonflower has been featured in a short piece in Thursday's New York Times, where the photo editors made two wise decisions:
- Don't use a photo that includes Gart or Stephen, and
- Choose three great fabric designs.
The designs pictured in the story are:
- spirals by Jinjer Markley of Oakland, CA, asarumdesign.com/, www.flickr.com/photos/wildjinjer/
- Red Spiky Flowers by Jessica Gonacha of Atlanta, GA www.jessgonacha.com, www.jessgonacha.etsy.com
- girls by Susan Mentrak of Ohio, www.joybucket.com
Congratulations to all three!
In other news, and in anticipation of new folks showing up at the site over the next couple of days, we've thrown together a new overview of how Spoonflower works. The old version has needed updating for some time, although the new one is a bit rough, too.